FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue that is beyond frustrating and could use some help.

I have a N3DS XL that was on firmware 10.3. In another thread I was having issues getting the ctrtransfer working so I tried an alternative using my Gateway card and their private beta. With their time machine I downgraded to 9.2. At this point, I was able to resolve the ctrtransfer issue thanks to help in another thread. So I kept going with the guide and successfully downgraded to 2.1.

Now I have been stuck on "Installing arm9loaderhax". I've tried it 20+ times, formatted the USB and copied the files/steps in the guide at least 3 times and I keep getting:
- Either the screen glitches when using the URL in the browser in the guide OR I actually get the SafeA9LHInstaller screen to appear. Unfortunately in both cases my entire N3DS freezes. I have tried pressing Select or any key and nothing happens. I'm at a lose for what this is happening and not sure if the Gateway time machine from 10.3 to 9.2 caused any issue or not.

Really appreciate any help or ideas on this as my N3DS XL is on 2.1 and not sure what I can do from now or options. I am using all the latest software that the guide links to.

Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue that is beyond frustrating and could use some help.

I have a N3DS XL that was on firmware 10.3. In another thread I was having issues getting the ctrtransfer working so I tried an alternative using my Gateway card and their private beta. With their time machine I downgraded to 9.2. At this point, I was able to resolve the ctrtransfer issue thanks to help in another thread. So I kept going with the guide and successfully downgraded to 2.1.

Now I have been stuck on "Installing arm9loaderhax". I've tried it 20+ times, formatted the USB and copied the files/steps in the guide at least 3 times and I keep getting:
- Either the screen glitches when using the URL in the browser in the guide OR I actually get the SafeA9LHInstaller screen to appear. Unfortunately in both cases my entire N3DS freezes. I have tried pressing Select or any key and nothing happens. I'm at a lose for what this is happening and not sure if the Gateway time machine from 10.3 to 9.2 caused any issue or not.

Really appreciate any help or ideas on this as my N3DS XL is on 2.1 and not sure what I can do from now or options. I am using all the latest software that the guide links to.

Thanks!
Show us a screenshot of the contents of the root of your SD card, along with the contents of the a9lh folder.

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Show us a screenshot of the contents of the root of your SD card, along with the contents of the a9lh folder.

Here you go ....

root.JPG

a9lh.JPG

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried clearing the cache from the browser before triggering the hack? Also try replacing the SafeA9LHInstaller.dat file on the SD card, it could have become corrupted when you downloaded/put it on the SD card. Use fresh files, clear the internet cache/cookies and try again.

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes tried clearing cache and cookies and replaced files. Very strange and frustrating. I get the glitch screen and sometimes the actual screen saying to press any key or select. Unfortunately in both cases the 3ds is frozen.

Not sure if using gateway time machine to go from 10.3 to 9.2 and then using guide caused any issues.

Any other ideas?

Pro_Sparrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This also happend to me, clear the cache and cookies, redownload all the necessary files and put them to your SD card, if it still doesnt work just clear the cache and cookies and try again.

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no luck same result. Does anyone know if Gateway Time machine from 10.3 to 9.2 and then the 3ds guid to 2.1 caused any corruption of my otp? Wonder if there is something SafeA9LHInstaller is not liking?

Not looking good ....

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sigh ... I deleted all the files on my HD, removed the dirs off the SD card and started over. Re-downloaded all files from the guide and copied them over and still no luck! :(

I clear the cache and now always get the SafeA9LH screen but it is always frozen pressing any key or Select does nothing. Have to hold the power button and remove SD card to reboot back. I then load the browser, clear cache, insert SD card and repeat. Get the same outcome.

Anything else to try? Any other version? Any debug or error log to see why it is freezing?

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
using only the new .dat file I get the same the screen comes up as:
SafeA9LHInstaller v2.6.7-4c09f52

The N3DS is already frozen though as pressing any key does nothing. Need to power down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am. Stuck at this step no matter how many times I repeat, re-download files, recopy, delete cache, etc.

I don't know if gateway time machine from my 10.3 to 9.2 caused any issue (i followed guide from there).

Not sure what else to try as can't get out of 2.1 back without a9LH being installed ....

FreakPrism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was on N3DS 10.3 (US region). The first part of the guide was not working around Decrypt9 which I resolved later.

So I used Gateway private beta to downgrade (Time Machine) from 10.3 to 9.2. From 9.2 I then continued on to the guide to get to 2.1 and now am stuck on
"Installing arm9loaderhax". Not sure what else to try. For fun I tried using my Gateway cartridge and http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ on 2.1 but that failed with error code 00000006.

Not sure why I'm running into so much trouble on this step.

Does anyone know if the Time Machines that Gateway offers somehow screws up the unique identifier of each 3DS?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a legitimate 3DS cart you can put in the system?
I'm not sure why you're having trouble on this step, but I've seen a couple times that it's helped.. somehow. Might help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs