Can't get Kingdom Hearts working :/

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Surf_R_Dude, Jun 13, 2010.

Jun 13, 2010
  1. Surf_R_Dude
    OP

Newcomer Surf_R_Dude Member

Canada
    I really wanted to play Chain of Memories for the longest time, but when ever I start the game, it freezes at the opening movie and the sound goes all messed up... any help? And i'm using an emulator on my android phone

2. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    vBag?
    Also try another backup
    It works for me.

3. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    I know on my iphone it doesn't work, I know the intro is glitchy on most emulators that aren't pc or a ds or gba. It even freezes on the wii.
    I recommended either finding a save that skips the intro, or trying to find another backup that works, you'll have to do this on your own however as posting links to rom's is a ban

4. Salax

Member Salax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works fine on my Wii.

5. Surf_R_Dude
    OP

Canada
    thanks for the quick replies!

Hmm, I guess I can try getting a game save that skips the intro, but are there any known patches for this? I tried a few google searches but nothing came up

6. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    The only way to pass it is to do a...Whats it called again? Create a game state or something. When the intro frezzes you have to create a save state. Then load the game/save state, and it'll work just fine.

7. Surf_R_Dude
    OP

Canada
    soo I can't seem to find a save state anywhere on the web :/ how can I create one? :s

8. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hey guys I'm trying to play SNES roms but there's no sound. I'm playing them on my Gameboy Advance. I just don't see what the problem could be.

9. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Hm....Did you try the Savestate method talked about above? What SNES rom are you trying to play? What year was the GBA manufactured? What color is it? What are you using to boot the SNES game? Where did you buy it? When did you buy it? Who manufactured it?

10. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    try a gba emu see find a save point and see if it works, or you can do a save state on said gba emu and transfer that.

11. pioquinto111

Member pioquinto111 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    on my psp, you need to create a save state just when it starts freezing and then load the savestate.. or another way is to create a .SAV right after the intro by playing it first on the gba emulator on the PC.
    but beware that after you finish the game there will be another cutscene and it will freeze again.. if you fail to create a savestate there, you will not be able to unlock reverse/rebirth and you need to defeat the boss again..