CAN'T GET DEVKITPRO TO WORK

darkeshop3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get devkitpro to work when i go to click on the software the website pops up instead how do I fix it I just bought a new pc that is the one that i am using it is a ASUS windows 11 64 bit in case anyone needs to know.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get devkitpro to work when i go to click on the software the website pops up instead how do I fix it I just bought a new pc that is the one that i am using it is a ASUS windows 11 64 bit in case anyone needs to know.
? What do you mean? Might try the Linux build through wsl. It installs pacman from a tar file, then you can download and install what you need through that. Remember to add ev through .bashrc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this will get you setup with wsl version 2, and you'll have to use the linux instructions installing pacman/etc. when you get it setup. btw, using echo will not permanently put environmental variables in the .bashrc, only for that session. to put them in there permanently, you can either use sudo nano or do it by hand by opening up the .bashrc. I use visual studio with all code stuff, but it should open in a text editor, since it's not compiled yet.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using windows then you are best off using the windows installer. If you already have installed then uninstall and start from the beginning using the instructions from the official site.

https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started

as the site indicates - devkitpro is an organization that provides tools and not a software package. to build 3ds software you want to install devkitARM and the tools - 3ds dev option which will include libctru.

fyi - saying I cant get to devkitpro to work is a bit like saying I cant get microsoft to work - when you have a problem with windows

darkeshop3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using windows then you are best off using the windows installer. If you already have installed then uninstall and start from the beginning using the instructions from the official site.

https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started

as the site indicates - devkitpro is an organization that provides tools and not a software package. to build 3ds software you want to install devkitARM and the tools - 3ds dev option which will include libctru.

fyi - saying I cant get to devkitpro to work is a bit like saying I cant get microsoft to work - when you have a problem with windows
devkitpro.org is not working nor the wiki

darkeshop3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was working when I sent the link. It will likely be be back soon
it still is not working here is the error

General Error​

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the site was down, it works now. yeah, it might be easier if you stick to windows. it's much easier that way. some stuff can't be compiled in windows cmd prompt though, so you have to msys or wsl. msys might be easier for you.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well