Hacking Cant get CATZ to work for my gf (not me!)

Mrbob2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Recently i have purchased a dstt card for me and my gf and she really enjoyes the animal petting games. One of the games i have is called catz. The euro version just goes to a black screen upon launching and the usa version works with no sound up to the point you select a moggy then goes black.

I have tried many games and they all work fine. I have used the cards with 1.7 1.8 and 1.10 updates and the same thing happens. Its strange how all my other games work fine but this one doesnt.

Anyone got it to work or can solve this mystery? thanks for your help

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried "Catz," but if you can confirm with some other folks that the DSTT doesn't run a particular game properly, you should post to the Neoflash forum. You can also try sending some e-mail to [email protected] but I'm not sure it will be read by someone who speaks English, so I'd keep it really short and simple: "Catz EU (0763) does not work with DSTT."

-Bri

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just tested release # 0763-Catz (E) on my DSTT and it seems to work fine.

Check the save file name, if it's written on caps try to change it and try again, but at least i can confirm that the game worked on my DSTT (V 1.10) without doing anything special.

Now i have to delete this before my girlfriend finds it, otherwise i will loose my DS for at least a week.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrbob2,

1. Is your microSD card nearly full?
2. Do you have all your .nds and .sav files on the root of your microSD card?

If the answer is "yes" to either, then the problem is that the DSTT is trying to write a .sav file but is unable to. If your microSD card is nearly full, you'll want to delete a game or two to leave space for .sav files. If your games and saves are all on the root of your card, create a folder at the root (name it "games") and put all your .nds and .sav files there. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root of a microSD card.

-Bri

Mrbob2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. funnily enough the save file is in caps. I changed it to normal, lowercase and still no joy. There is plenty of space on the card and i even put the game on a empty card. All that happens is a black screen on the Euro version and the USA version loads with no sound, works until you choose a moggy then black screen again. Very strange. Im not too sure what i can say on here but the games were from a website and from a very popular torrent site. Im using the latest 1.10 menu. Tried previous ones down to 1.7 and they all do the same.

Its strange as i own a LOT of games and they all work fine, even adding new ones so the card cant be too full etc. Any more ideas guys? thanks

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You never mentioned whether or not your games are in a folder or at the root of the microSD card. If they're at the root, put them in a "games" folder.

The problem with the uppercase .sav files was fixed in a later version of the firmware, but in earlier versions having the .sav file in uppercase would cause problems.

-Bri

Mrbob2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive just aquired a version by googling and it works fine. All my games are in a roms folder. Ive got it working ok i just hav another problem, 2 outa 3 cats went to sleep when i stroked em and basically ignopred me! charmin! guess thats my problem lol my g/f can play the game now.

Thanks for your help, guess it was a schoolboy error not trying other roms!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just like real cats then!

Glad you got it working! I wonder if the ones you downloaded originally were trimmed improperly or something.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021