Can't find shader_vsh_shbin.h when building sf2dlib

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pipe01, Mar 3, 2016.

1. pipe01
    OP

pipe01 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
  2. pipe01
    OP

pipe01 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Bump or whatever, help pls

3. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Yes, you are missing something - that's why the error says shader_vsh_shbin.h is missing :)
    This file is generated when the shader is compiled by picasso. Do you have that installed?

4. pipe01
    OP

pipe01 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    As I am on Windows, I haven't been able to compile Picasso, so I've copied the pre-compiled executable that's found here to devkitPro/devkitARM/bin. Should I run it or just keep trying to compile it?

Last edited by pipe01, Mar 15, 2016
  5. elhobbs

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Is that folder in your path? The devkitarm toolchains don't use the path - they use environment variable to find the compiler exes. So adding it there is not guaranteed to help.

6. pipe01
    OP

pipe01 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Yup, I've added both the devkitPro and devkitARM folders to their respective variables and still nothing. I've also just tried to compile using MinGW and Msys, which did work for picasso but not for the library itself, throwing exactly the same error.

7. elhobbs

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Those variables do not have anything to do with the path. Can you run Picasso from the command line?

8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    what do you need to compile?

9. pipe01
    OP

pipe01 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    So, I installed everything again on my dual boot Ubuntu, and everything worked fine first try! So I guess I'll just stick to Ubuntu for developing homebrew apps. Thanks for your help, though!