Cant find "setpatch" on eos for supercard dsonei

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by k4ever, Sep 1, 2010.

1. k4ever
    OP

Member k4ever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know there was a previous OS for dsonei, but now the new Evolution OS was supposed to be better for rom playability. I downloaded the latest eos sp5 rar, and it came with a dsone folder and a scfw.sc file.
    In the main menu I only see "setup", "saver", and "cheat". I dont mess with the saver options, and I dont want to use cheats by the moment, so I go to the "setup" tab. There is sd speed, run mode, language, brightness, multisaver, theme, hotkey, and gba extend ... and thats it. I guess multisaver doesnt have anything to do with real time save, hotkey only have the L, R, and start buttons checked, and the rest do other stuff. I was told to press "X" in the game rom, and then press "setpatch" in order to use real time save, but the thing is that pressing X doesnt do anything. I press L + X and still nothing since L acts like a "back button" and I get back to my roms folder. Messing with the hotkey tab doesnt help either ( I have tried unchecking L , checking X, unchecking all, checking all, other combinations, etc ... )
    The only thing I can do to a rom is press "Y" on it and it only gives me 3 options : multi svae, save size, and cheat.
    Anyone know anything about this?

2. k4ever
    OP

Member k4ever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but I came across this in the official supercard site : http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dsone/evolution/use.htm

Im supposed to press l+r+a+b+x+y IN the game to bring up a menu with options like real-time save, cheat, etc ...
    I pressed all these buttons at the same time, and nothing happens. What Im doing wrong here? =(

Edit: Why nobody said that first you need to CHECK l, r, a, b, x, y in the hotkey tab in order to call out the menu in the game ( the default one ). That means that I can check l, r, select, start, and that will be my new hotkey for that menu? Anyways, problem solved! =P