Can't find one in stock

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Haloman800, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    My 7yr old nephew saved up to buy a Switch, however we didn't pre-order one (my own fault). Every store within a 100 mile radius (Walmart, Target, GameStop, Best Buy) is sold out.

GameStop told me that they have to hold pre-order inventory for 48 hours, so tomorrow when they open, they can sell any pre-orders that people didn't pick up. For anyone still looking, be at your GameStop first thing in the morning!

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Here in Canada, people without pre-order found some in drug stores or groceries that also sells electronics ... if that ever exist in the USA ...

Pip'

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2011
    United States
    Vekta
    Your best bet right now would be any Online Retailer! Just yesterday Walmart and Target online stores had stock of them. Finding one in the actual store may be challenging...

4. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Wow the importer in Sweden doesn't have any in stock... damn

5. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    I'd say wait a month or so instead of wasting time now to find one now and probably end up paying more than if you wait.

6. ethanwa79

ethanwa79 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    United States
    Can we get politics out of this video game forum please? I don't care if you are Clinton/Trump/Whatever, but politics in here is so lame man. Change your sig.

VinLark likes this.
  7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    yeah I'm still saving up for one via payapl Ebay sellers are trolling the prices. Def by next month local stores should be full in stock I'd get into contact with Gamestop if you can
    They may actually hold 1 for you on the next wave of stock

8. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Good luck man

'no'

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  9. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Gamestop is taking reorders due to ship before 4/16

10. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Already got one, no problem here. Just a bit surprised, that's all.

11. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I know that this is something that the young and younger generation find quite difficult to do, but you and your son need to wait. It is quite difficult to do and is something more valuable than money, but patience is worth more than any value of money

VinLark likes this.
  12. jpx86

jpx86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2006
    Target and Toys r Us both will have stock on Sunday morning. It is possible other stores held some of their stock to sell on Sunday when their sales ad comes out. I'd advise going to one before they open and waiting.

Haloman800 likes this.
  13. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Your best bet is to wait for restock and remember to buy a screen protector for the screen though if it falls too often, it'll break anyway.

14. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    It's my nephew, and obviously the only thing he/I can do is wait. As @jpx86 said, they'll have some in stock tomorrow morning at both Toys R Us and Target, so I will be there waiting.

15. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    FWIW, some stores have it listed "in stock" right now. I attempted to call a couple of these stores, and they said that they don't currently have it in stock, but to check back in the morning (what's likely happened is that they've been scanned into their inventory, but are still sitting in a box on a pallet ready to be put on the shelf).

16. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Went and bought mine at Bestbuy after my delivery from Amazon got messed up. Don't know who's fault it is yet, amazon or canada post but I didn't feel like waiting. EBGames had the systems but no Zelda, luckily Bestbuy still had quite a few of both by the time I got there. THANKS BB!

17. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    just got to target to take back a PS4 Game.. she ask me if i wanted a ticket . I say why not . she is like you want the neon one or grey ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    we got plenty here :P