Not open for further replies.

FrozenMetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm in the process of installing arm9loaderhax by following Plailects' guide (Part 5) and I'm dragging all the files I need to proceed onto the memory card. I'm at numbers 12 and 13 where I drag arm9loaderhax.bin and the Luma folder to the root of my memory card but I don't have a Luma folder in my downloaded zip of Luma3DS (v.6.3.1.7). Does this folder not exist in the newer version on Luma or have I downloaded the wrong version or something? I've downloaded the latest version from the link provided in the guide (Luma3DSv6.3.1.7z).

My New 3DS XL is currently sitting on Firmware 2.1.0 and boots fine so it's ready for the next step. It's currently turned off to avoid the standby problem with the N3DS.

Could someone point me in the right direction as I'm obviously doing something wrong here.

Thank you :)

Last edited by FrozenMetroid,
Reactions: Furqaan12

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a luma fonder and make a payloads folder inside of that. It doesn't matter if it doesn't exist yet.

Also, you're following an old guide. It sounds like you're doing the old rednand guide rather than the new guide. Since you already came so far it doesn't matter, but you could have saved yourself the entire 2.1 downgrade by just following the new guide.

Reactions: FrozenMetroid

FrozenMetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, I presumed the guide I was following was an up to date one as it was last edited 7 days ago. Oh well. I've found the up to date guide thanks to the link in Migles post and 12 and 13 make sense now so I'll use that guide as the part 3 seems to be the same as the old part 5.

Thank you for everyones fast replies, absolutely brilliant!

FrozenMetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a little confused now. I've followed the instructions on both the new and old guide and I am at the point where I use the browser to go to dukesrg etc.... Everything runs fine but it loads up OTPHelper where it's supposed to be starting up the arm9 installer. I've copied everything over from what the guide says to do so I'm confused. Any ideas please?

FrozenMetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to complete the post, thanks to everyones help, it's now up and running on the CFW :-) Thank you very much for your quick responses and friendly replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1