Hacking can't figure it out

liftedplane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently decided to softmod my wii after pandoraizing my PSP.

I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. I have a launch wii... in the wii options it says 3.4u this is the system menu version correct? I haven't updated in a very long time and was wondering if I was right or not. Is there a way for me to update my wii, seeing as I can't update with wifi through nintendo anymore. Am I thinking right or is not the system menu version at all?

sorry if this has been answered... I've read through the forums and used the advanced search options.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably wasn't mentioned elsewhere since it is assumed to be pretty basic knowledge.

Yes, you have version 3.4 of the USA/NTSC System Menu. There is a large topic (Ultimate 4.0 Guide or somesuch) with a guide on how to update while keeping homebrew modifications intact using a customized updater. Generally, 3.2 or 4.0 are the best places to be, although 4.1 is also fine.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
liftedplane said:

I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. I have a launch wii... in the wii options it says 3.4u this is the system menu version correct? I haven't updated in a very long time and was wondering if I was right or not. Is there a way for me to update my wii, seeing as I can't update with wifi through nintendo anymore. Am I thinking right or is not the system menu version at all?

sorry if this has been answered... I've read through the forums and used the advanced search options.
Yes thats the system menu version, your at 3.4. the latest is 4.1

Is there a way for me to update my wii, seeing as I can't update with wifi through nintendo anymore. Why cant you?

liftedplane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:

Is there a way for me to update my wii, seeing as I can't update with wifi through nintendo anymore. Why cant you?
I was told if I update like that my wii could get banned from the nintendo network, and I currently don't have wireless internet so I've had to make all the wads and such to get this to work of of my SD card

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
liftedplane said:
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:

I was told if I update like that my wii could get banned from the nintendo network, and I currently don't have wireless internet so I've had to make all the wads and such to get this to work of of my SD card
you got lied to big time.
dont believe the things many people say.
check out my guide's offline method to update to your Wii 4.1 and keep all the latest features.
any other guides with the exception of Deviyl's are outdated.
make a wise choice sir.

liftedplane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've fully completed everything on this guide. My only problem is the frontloader hacks.ini don't work for 3.4u all I can find anywhere is 3.2u and 4.0u

I figured it would be easier to update my system menu to 4.0 problem is I can't figure out how

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
liftedplane said:
I've fully completed everything on this guide. My only problem is the frontloader hacks.ini don't work for 3.4u all I can find anywhere is 3.2u and 4.0u

I figured it would be easier to update my system menu to 4.0 problem is I can't figure out how
its called preloader.
3.4 doesnt have preloader hacks.
use waninkoko's firmware updater to safely get to 4.1

but in your case, since you have no wifi, follow the offline method in my guide and youll get the the system menu wad to install via wad manager

liftedplane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:

its called preloader.

but in your case, since you have no wifi, follow the offline method in my guide and youll get the the system menu wad to install via wad manager
thank you very much for the help... I didn't expect to get my question answered this fast.

heh meant to say preloader... was thinking of old frontends for emulators for some reason.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
liftedplane said:
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:

its called preloader.

thank you very much for the help... I didn't expect to get my question answered this fast.

heh meant to say preloader... was thinking of old frontends for emulators for some reason.
expect the unexpected, pow!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:
xzxero said:
liftedplane said:

you got lied to big time.
dont believe the things many people say.
check out my guide's offline method to update to your Wii 4.1 and keep all the latest features.
any other guides with the exception of Deviyl's are outdated.
make a wise choice sir.

frown.gif

I'll chalk that one up to you thinking of my guide as more of an encyclopedia than a guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro