Can't edit the cheat file

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by dmonkey21, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009

Can't edit the cheat file by dmonkey21 at 4:11 PM (4,611 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dmonkey21
    OP

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok this is really making me annoyed lol; I just started to try and use my DS again and I got GTACTW and want to use the Narin cheat file but with the GTACTW anti-piracy cheat added. I downloaded R4 Cheat Code Editor 1.01 from GBATemp, and tried to open USRCHEAT.DAT downloaded from cheats.gbatemp.net, but I get 'Cheat Code Editor MFC Application has stopped working' every time I try to open. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of (renamed the file, tried to open the CHEAT.DAT files too, they were in the wrong format, I can't even open the actionreplay.xml one because for some reason all it is is):
    CODE-
    ÂÂGBAtemp Cheat Database
    -
    ÂÂGBAtemp Cheat Database
    ÂÂhttp://cheats.gbatemp.net/latest/cheats.xml
    ÂÂ
    ÂÂ
    I really want to play this, if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful lol. If it helps, I have Windows Vista Premium 32bit, and I have tried to run it in compatibility modes and that hasn't helped, and neither has temporarily turning off antivirus programs.

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    First off, it wasn't Narins code. Or was it? I swear someone else made it.

Second. Use Yasu's cheat code editor instead, and see if that works.

3. dmonkey21
    OP

United States
    Ya, I feel like such a tool; I had just been using 1.01 that I've had for like a year, not thinking .86 would be newer XD. Anyway, it worked, kind of: I could successfully edit everything and I put in the code that I needed, but it didn't show up on my flashcart. That code is for (U), right?

O and btw idk if it is Narin's or not I just thought that he always did the cheats.

OMG IF U REPLY TO THIS U WILL HAVE 1337 POSTS lol.

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Heh. Sadly, my 1337th post was to a useless thread. I totally forgot to make it a big one.

Make sure you have the Game ID and everything correct.

If you need more help, just PM me. I'll help. [​IMG]

5. dmonkey21
    OP

United States
    aww that's too bad. Ya, I'll try it tomorrow and pm u if I still need help lol. Thnx for all the help so far [​IMG]

6. xxRAG3

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Curleys been making them, since Narin dissipated.