Hacking Can't delete homebrew

VitaUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I try to delete homebrew but they give me an error C1-2758-2. I have HENkaku installed with Unsafe Homebrew ON. This may have been caused by a system restore but I did delete my official game without error. All homebrew run normally. Rebuilding database didn't help. Newly installed homebrew also have the same problem. Help?

FIX: Backup and restore. Only fix for now

Last edited by VitaUser,

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
If its PSP homebrew then delete it via FTP
If its PS Vita homebrew try and use content manager to delete the title - if its been flagged as system app during the install then you may need to adjust your app.db

Another option is (again via FTP) delete the core app files: the PS Vita apps hide out in ux0:app/ !!!MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU ARE DELETING THE RIGHT ONE THOUGH!!!

Then rebuild database either via easy installer or recovery mode (im lazy and love that freaklers easy installer has the rebuild database option)

VitaUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If its PSP homebrew then delete it via FTP
If its PS Vita homebrew try and use content manager to delete the title - if its been flagged as system app during the install then you may need to adjust your app.db

Another option is (again via FTP) delete the core app files: the PS Vita apps hide out in ux0:app/ !!!MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU ARE DELETING THE RIGHT ONE THOUGH!!!

Then rebuild database either via easy installer or recovery mode (im lazy and love that freaklers easy installer has the rebuild database option)

Tried with CMA, says "Some content items couldn't be deleted" or something. App stays there. I will try the ux0:app thing after I'm done backing up the system. Thanks for the response!

VitaUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will try the ux0:app thing

It.. kinda worked. One app was deleted successfully, the other one says "Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application" :P
The error thing persists so I guess that's the only way to delete homebrew for now.

Last edited by VitaUser,

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dudes wtf! if you have a computer cable (ie. micro usb, or vita sync cable for phat) why not just use USB Vita? your homebrew can be deleted in a sec. via your comp/laptop. Check in Vita Shell for connection after plugging the cord into Vita and ur computer...i think its START button!

to me it seems youre going in unnecessary routes. no reason to change app.db, could mess your whole system up entirely. FTP...who needs that? slow and also uncool. USB is the way to go. if you have a computer that is.

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
USB is great for transfer of files - believe it or not the VITASHELL FTP app has some serious admin rights - when you click delete - its gone. I am still playing with USB and discovering limitations.

Plus - i mostly use my PSTV and USB aint on it.........................

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Dudes wtf! if you have a computer cable (ie. micro usb, or vita sync cable for phat) why not just use USB Vita? your homebrew can be deleted in a sec. via your comp/laptop. Check in Vita Shell for connection after plugging the cord into Vita and ur computer...i think its START button!

to me it seems youre going in unnecessary routes. no reason to change app.db, could mess your whole system up entirely. FTP...who needs that? slow and also uncool. USB is the way to go. if you have a computer that is.
PSTV users need it. Same with people like me with a broken charging port, all pins broke.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured so.. I don't have a PSTV or broken charging port. Gonna look around for a PSTV on 3.60! Are there ways to update only to 3.60 if it's below on the PSTV?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Figured so.. I don't have a PSTV or broken charging port. Gonna look around for a PSTV on 3.60! Are there ways to update only to 3.60 if it's below on the PSTV?
Yep. PSTVs can be updated through USB. Also, any brand new PSTV will always be below 3.60.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over