Can't delete homebrew

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VitaUser, Feb 23, 2017.

1. VitaUser
    OP

VitaUser Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Brazil
    I try to delete homebrew but they give me an error C1-2758-2. I have HENkaku installed with Unsafe Homebrew ON. This may have been caused by a system restore but I did delete my official game without error. All homebrew run normally. Rebuilding database didn't help. Newly installed homebrew also have the same problem. Help?

FIX: Backup and restore. Only fix for now

Last edited by VitaUser, Feb 24, 2017
  2. mummysboy

mummysboy GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2009
    If its PSP homebrew then delete it via FTP
    If its PS Vita homebrew try and use content manager to delete the title - if its been flagged as system app during the install then you may need to adjust your app.db

Another option is (again via FTP) delete the core app files: the PS Vita apps hide out in ux0:app/ !!!MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU ARE DELETING THE RIGHT ONE THOUGH!!!

Then rebuild database either via easy installer or recovery mode (im lazy and love that freaklers easy installer has the rebuild database option)

3. VitaUser
    OP

VitaUser Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Brazil
    Tried with CMA, says "Some content items couldn't be deleted" or something. App stays there. I will try the ux0:app thing after I'm done backing up the system. Thanks for the response!

4. mummysboy

May 21, 2009
    anytime - im forever corrupting apps and then having to try new ways to get rid of them :whistle:

5. VitaUser
    OP

VitaUser Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Brazil
    It.. kinda worked. One app was deleted successfully, the other one says "Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application" :P
    The error thing persists so I guess that's the only way to delete homebrew for now.

Last edited by VitaUser, Feb 23, 2017
  6. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Dudes wtf! if you have a computer cable (ie. micro usb, or vita sync cable for phat) why not just use USB Vita? your homebrew can be deleted in a sec. via your comp/laptop. Check in Vita Shell for connection after plugging the cord into Vita and ur computer...i think its START button!

to me it seems youre going in unnecessary routes. no reason to change app.db, could mess your whole system up entirely. FTP...who needs that? slow and also uncool. USB is the way to go. if you have a computer that is.

7. mummysboy

May 21, 2009
    USB is great for transfer of files - believe it or not the VITASHELL FTP app has some serious admin rights - when you click delete - its gone. I am still playing with USB and discovering limitations.

Plus - i mostly use my PSTV and USB aint on it.........................

8. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    PSTV users need it. Same with people like me with a broken charging port, all pins broke.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

9. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Figured so.. I don't have a PSTV or broken charging port. Gonna look around for a PSTV on 3.60! Are there ways to update only to 3.60 if it's below on the PSTV?

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Yep. PSTVs can be updated through USB. Also, any brand new PSTV will always be below 3.60.