Can't delete failed cia installation

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by oscarcete, Sep 9, 2019.

1. oscarcete
    OP

oscarcete Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2017
    Spain
    My 2DS froze while installing a cia with boop so I shut down the system and now there's less free space available even though the installation failed. I have searched for the folder named after the title id for the game but I haven't found it either. Any solution?

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Start godmode9 and go to sysnand sd. Press the R and A buttons together and select search for titles. Find the failed install and press the A button. Now select open containing folder and delete everything in it. Problem should now be solved.

TurdPooCharger and Quantumcat like this.
  3. oscarcete
    OP

oscarcete Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2017
    Spain
    thanks but the game is still missing from the list. I think I might have to do a format because now I have around 400 mb of invisible data and that probably means I just corrupted the sd card

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Just reinstall it, if it properly installs it will overwrite any existing files. But if you don't want to do that (or can't), make sure the title ID is correct, the files should be there even if the installation failed.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. oscarcete
    OP

oscarcete Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2017
    Spain
    I think the ticket for the game is missing so maybe that's why the folder isn't showing up, this is very confusing

6. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Ticket has nothing to do with the folder, it's not even in the same directory (folder is in the "titles" folder under "4000" while ticket is inside the titles.db in the SysNAND). You are almost definitely just looking at the wrong folder or folder ID. If you really can't find it, reinstalling the CIA automatically deletes the old files, wherever they may be.

Quantumcat and TurdPooCharger like this.
  7. oscarcete
    OP

oscarcete Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2017
    Spain
    Ok so I sucessfully reinstalled the game (by deleting 500mb of themes) but the extra space is still being occupied by this 'hidden' folder. I guess this confirms the game had installed somewhere else if not it would have overwritten ifself as you guys mentioned.

8. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    The extra space should have gotten overwritten, games don't install in random directories, you did something wrong or used different region CIAs with different IDs so they installed in different folders!