Gaming Can't connect to PSN

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot access PSN from my PSP at the moment. I have 5.50 Prometheus installed and it claims the server is down for maintainance. I need to sign in to my PSN account because I plan on getting FF8 and 9 off PS Store and transferring them to my PSP (since I can't use torrent sites on this laptop, paying for legit versions seems the only option) so I need to be on the same account as on my PS3 to transfer them.

Also, is it possible to have multiple accounts on a PSP? If so, I can simply update my dad's PSP and switch to my UK account (it's on my US account right now, but I'll be buying the games from the UK store because I have a 16 quid gift card to use in Gamestation to get the pre-paid card with).

Suggestions are welcomed.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I downloaded this PSNlover thing, it gives me a .prx file. What do I do with it? The readme file is in Chinese or something.

From what I gather this bypasses the issue and allows me to connect to PSN again, right?

And what was wrong with what I said? I am actually paying for FF8 and 9. Primarily 'cause I don't know how to get hold of them for free, but even so.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
OK, I downloaded this PSNlover thing, it gives me a .prx file. What do I do with it? The readme file is in Chinese or something.

From what I gather this bypasses the issue and allows me to connect to PSN again, right?

And what was wrong with what I said? I am actually paying for FF8 and 9. Primarily 'cause I don't know how to get hold of them for free, but even so.
On the vsh text file located in the seplugins folder copy this:
ms0:/seplugins/psnlover.prx 1
On the game text file located there too do the same.
Afterwards go to the recovery menu -> plugins and enable it both in VSH and GAME.
Also, torrents aren't the only place to get isos/eboots, there are many websites with direct downloads when it comes to psp games. And the PSN version of FFVIII as well as FFIX are dumped, you could still support them like I did
years ago when I bought the original games but not on PSN

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Goli said:
Blaze163 said:

On the vsh text file located in the seplugins folder copy this:
On the game text file located there too do the same.
Afterwards go to the recovery menu -> plugins and enable it both in VSH and GAME

Umm.....what? I'm not very technically minded. Please explain it in simple terms that a newb like myself can comprehend.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok, when you plug your PSP you see lots of folders.
One of them should be called "seplugins", inside that folder you have to place the .prx file you got, I'm going to assume it's called "psnlover". After you place it create a text (.txt) file called "vsh", you should alredy have one though. Inside the text file copy this line:
There should be another text file called "game", if you don't then just create one and copy the same line as before on that text file too. So now you should have both text files with "ms0:/seplugins/psnlover.prx 1".
Afterwards disconnect the PSP and turn it off. Before the "Sony Computer Entertainment" logo press L and R and you should come across the recovery menu. When you're there go to the Plugins section.
There you should see something along these lines:
psnlover.prx[VSH] (Disabled)
psnlover.prx[GAME] (Disabled)
Just press x on both the VSH and GAME thingies, so that they change into "(Enabled)".
Exit the recovery menu and you're good to go.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And that will allow me to sign in to my existing PSN account and transfer FF8 and 9 when I buy them on Wednesday, right? Will it bypass the need for a system update like my old man's PSP? His won't allow access to PSN either because it needs to be updated to 6.20 before it'll connect.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It should, at first it asked me to update mine, even after installing psnlover, but it was due to a problem with compatibility with GEN-D3 so I had to change some other things on the recovery menu. Like I said on my edited post you CAN download them from places that have nothing to do with torrents, you're just not looking at the right places. Also I just remembered this, if you really do plan on buying them, you could just use MediaGo, it allows you to download stuff from PSN to your computer and then copy them to your PSP.
http://us.playstation.com/psn/mediago/index.htm

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The disturbing thing is that I knew about MediaGo, I've used it before. How in the name of Hades did I forget about that? Thanks.

Is there any risk to the system doing this, by the way? Any chance of it 'bricking'?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:

FF8 PSN version will not run well on a CFWed PSP. It needs 6.20 popsloader for complete compatibility something 5.50GEN-D3 obviously doesn't have.

You can rip PS1 ISOs and convert them into PSP eboots, combine them all into 1 eboot, assign your own art to them and also remove many bugs by simply changing the main Game ID (yeah, I don't get it either). Follow my PSX2PSP tutorial and get help from the Popsloader compatibility list I link to in there and you should be able to create a serviceable eboot with only 1 possible crash point on the 3rd Disc.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
The disturbing thing is that I knew about MediaGo, I've used it before. How in the name of Hades did I forget about that? Thanks.

Is there any risk to the system doing this, by the way? Any chance of it 'bricking'?
No chance of bricking as far as I know.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Blaze163 said:

FF8 PSN version will not run well on a CFWed PSP. It needs 6.20 popsloader for complete compatibility something 5.50GEN-D3 obviously doesn't have.

You can rip PS1 ISOs and convert them into PSP eboots, combine them all into 1 eboot, assign your own art to them and also remove many bugs by simply changing the main Game ID (yeah, I don't get it either). Follow my PSX2PSP tutorial and get help from the Popsloader compatibility list I link to in there and you should be able to create a serviceable eboot with only 1 possible crash point on the 3rd Disc.

So what you're saying is that if I pay for FF8 and 9, I'm likely to have problems, but if I leave it until I have my own laptop and am able to freely download stuff, I should be fine? Christ, it's no wonder us pirates are so hard to get rid of. We don't just steal your shit, we make it better.

Saves me using my 16 quid Gamestation gift voucher on a pre-paid PSN card, I guess. The question is now what do I use it on? There's nothing else I want and they've sold all the decent memory cards.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
Jamstruth said:
Blaze163 said:

So what you're saying is that if I pay for FF8 and 9, I'm likely to have problems, but if I leave it until I have my own laptop and am able to freely download stuff, I should be fine? Christ, it's no wonder us pirates are so hard to get rid of. We don't just steal your shit, we make it better.

Saves me using my 16 quid Gamestation gift voucher on a pre-paid PSN card, I guess. The question is now what do I use it on? There's nothing else I want and they've sold all the decent memory cards.
It's not that a converted game is better, the game has compatibility problems on some cases due to CFW, if you were running it on OFW you wouldn't have any issues. Also, you could use it on other PSN store stuff which are still uncrackable like ModNation Racers' online voucher thing, if you don't buy one you can't play online, but I don't know if that's your kind of game
tongue.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do plan on getting Modnation, but I'd get it for my PS3 instead. No worries about firmware that way
smile.gif

I tried checking out the compatability list, but it's all jibberish to me. So answer this in simple terms: can I play the following games through Prometheus, and if so, how?

- FF 7, 8 and 9 (I have the disks for FF7 if that helps)
- Chocobo Racing (for lolz)
- Alundra
- Legend of the Dragoon
- Hogs of War (which I actually have the disk for)
- Silent Bomber * I found an eboot for it, but it slows down on level 7 to the point where its unplayable. I have the disk, but that freezes at the end of level 11. I'm determined to finish the damn thing somehow.

I know Castlevania SOTN works, I'm playing it right now so that's no worry. That list will keep me occupied until I figure out how to acquire PSP games, or at the very least until i get my analogue stick cleaned/replaced so I can use UMD's again.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
It is a bit confusing due to the way all the reports are. Luckily I at least know how to do 7, 8 and 9.

FFVII:- No compatibility issues as its been released on PSN store on a lower firmware therefore is 100% compatible. You can just rip and convert as there's no copy protection. Just run straight from flash (no popsloader plugin needed)

FFVIII:- Is the awkward one. This requires both Popsloader and a GameID fix. You need to change the Main Game ID and Save ID on each disc to SLPS02180 and will need to change Popsloader to get past a cutscene on Disc 3 (around about Ragnarok I think). Run on Popsloader 4.01 until this point then change to 3.71 to get past the cutscene (you can use it the whole time but there are slowdowns)
Also if you are ripping EU discs there is copy protection that needs to be patched.

FFIX:- No issues when I ran my eboot of Disc 1. Has copy protection on the EU discs again though.

Chocobo Racing:- No problems reported on the compatibility list.

Alundra:- Again no hassles.

Legend of Dragoon:- No worries

Hogs of War:- Not a worry in sight

Silent Bomber:- Reported slowdowns from the 3.90Pops during tutorial then running fine after them. Set disc load speed to fast and use 3.90 Popsloader and see

You'll need to find your own source for the Popsloader plugin, I'm not too sure on the legalities considering it uses PRXes from official firmwares.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so from what I gather there are about a dozen different versions of this 'popsloader' or whatever it's called. How does it work, what do I do with it, and when explaining please remember that you are talking to someone who doesn't understand any pirating activity more complex than his Cyclo DS Evo's 'plug it in and it works' approach.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
It's a plugin. It works passively, only activating when you need it. Normally running a PS1 game uses the pops that you have in your firmware, but this popsloader lets you pick whichever one you want, with 3.71 being the most effective.
And there's only 1 version, that works up to 5.50 CFW.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
5.50 includes Prometheus, right? How do I use this device? I'm to understand it's something to do with a recovery menu? Sorry if I sound thick, but I really am a total newb with stuff like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==