Homebrew app Can't compile homebrew (hidKeysDown)

ThatBenderGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently installed Ubuntu and was setting up my development environment for DevKitPro. My project is to update a dead homebrew for personal use. I have installed all the switch libraries using dkp-pacman, and when I run make in the project's directory I get a bunch of errors but they all stem from the error:
source/main.c:501:33: error: 'CONTROLLER_P1_AUTO' undeclared (first use in this function) u64 kDown = hidKeysDown(CONTROLLER_P1_AUTO);
I have not programmed in C much but I assume due to changes in libraries since this the last time the homebrew was updated that CONTROLLER_P1_AUTO is deprecated now but I have no clue how to figure out what replaced it. The project does use SDL2 but it's not used in the main.c file (which is where this compile error is occuring). Any suggestions or ideas? I'm new to switch homebrew development but I really wanted to update this app because it's useful.

EDIT:
I also noticed I get these compile errors
warning: implicit declaration of function 'hidScanInput' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
warning: implicit declaration of function 'hidKeysDown' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

rash1613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently installed Ubuntu and was setting up my development environment for DevKitPro. My project is to update a dead homebrew for personal use. I have installed all the switch libraries using dkp-pacman, and when I run make in the project's directory I get a bunch of errors but they all stem from the error:

I have not programmed in C much but I assume due to changes in libraries since this the last time the homebrew was updated that CONTROLLER_P1_AUTO is deprecated now but I have no clue how to figure out what replaced it. The project does use SDL2 but it's not used in the main.c file (which is where this compile error is occuring). Any suggestions or ideas? I'm new to switch homebrew development but I really wanted to update this app because it's useful.

EDIT:
I also noticed I get these compile errors
take a look at this example to see how button presses are read now
https://github.com/switchbrew/switch-examples/blob/master/hid/read-controls/source/main.c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto