Can't boot any games - Kingston USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Moebius07, Mar 14, 2013.

Mar 14, 2013
  1. Moebius07
    OP

Newcomer Moebius07 Member

United Kingdom
    So the first USB we bought to load our wii backups was bought on impulse. After checking the GBA Temp compatibility guide because of loading/transfer issues, we found out it was one that was reported to not work properly.
    So we scoured through the GBA Temp compatibility list and got the Kingston 64gb from that list. We followed the recommendation to format it with WBFS manager but this one seems to be doing worse than the one before.
    After a LOT of messing around with IOS' and loaders we managed to get a single game on the USB to start (all others would just display a black channel screen). But after getting past the channel screen that game will always black screen. The furthest we ever got was Monster Hunter Tri checking system memory.

Before anyone recommends using the Softmod any wii guide to check we have the most up to date IOS' etc or Modmii. We used both.

Still can't get the games on this new USB to boot properly.
    (I posted this in the wrong section before but I have already reported that myself so hopefully the Mods will delete it).

2. fishy31

Newcomer fishy31 Member

Canada
  3. Mah Boi

Newcomer Mah Boi I WONDER WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

United States
    Try using a different USB loader, or re-rip the ISO. Not all games will function without errors, or bugs, and some may not work at all. It could be because you have a important wad missing/not installed?

Regards,
    Dylan