Country
Laos
[Info]
Device: New 3DS LL
Current System Menu Version: 11.6.0-39U
Setup: Luma 8.1 and Boot9Strap 1.2
NAND Backup: Yes
Do I have access to Luma3DS Chainloader Menu and GodMode9: Yes

After i bought my New 3DS in Japan, i followed Plailect guide and successfully hacked my 3DS. After that, I used Godmode9 to change the region from JPN to USA. Now i want to change back to JPN but after i install the 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image, my system won't boot anymore, the power led still light up but there's only a black screen. Forced shutdown causes an error screen with "Exception type: prefetch abort (kernel panic)". I flashed the backup NAND and the system boot up again but region is still USA although i'm pretty sure that i make the NAND backup before Region changing. I want to region change my machine because eShop don't work.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first things first
3ds.guide said:
Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

are you sure that you installed the correct ctrtransfer file?

bimsung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
first things first

are you sure that you installed the correct ctrtransfer file?

I'm think that i have the right CTRtransfer file. I downloaded the CTRtransfer image for JPN region from Plailect's guide, the file is named "11.5.0-38J_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin".

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, try updating luma. i know from back in the a9lh days, a black screen with the led working ment that you had an outdated version of luma

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and btw, you actually gave info! most people just say "help my 3ds is bricked!" or something like that. you were helpful!:yay:

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i restored the NAND backup, but i can't change the region back to JPN. Everytime i tried to CTRtrasnfer, the system is stuck at boot.
I noticed the ctrtransfer section of the guide is buggy. After I do the transfer and selecting to copy the tickets I have no titles on my homescreen. I tried it several times and never worked correctly. I made a post about it yesterday but nobody responded so i gave up.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the ctrtransfer section of the guide is buggy. After I do the transfer and selecting to copy the tickets I have no titles on my homescreen. I tried it several times and never worked correctly. I made a post about it yesterday but nobody responded so i gave up.
maybe you did it wrong?

If you still have no luck, try it with Decrypt9. It uses different way of Ctrnand (when I bricked my 3ds, GM9 did not worked, but decrypt9 did)
that still has to be fixed unfortunatley :(

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you did it wrong?
it's not that complicated. it's just a few steps but my titles are not showing up.

If you still have no luck, try it with Decrypt9. It uses different way of Ctrnand (when I bricked my 3ds, GM9 did not worked, but decrypt9 did)
yeah I like using decrypt9 over godmode9 for a lot of things.

it's not that complicated. it's just a few steps but my titles are not showing up.

Why doesn't the ctr transfer also transfer the titles???

also I did a ctr nan transfer 11.5 on a n2dsxl and after that tried to update to 11.6 via system update and gave me errors. so there's definitely something going on.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Why doesn't the ctr transfer also transfer the titles???

also I did a ctr nan transfer 11.5 on a n2dsxl and after that tried to update to 11.6 via system update and gave me errors. so there's definitely something going on.
they don't transfer because they are clean images and maybe one wants to get rid of them

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh tickets don't install the games my dude. You only install the tickets to make the games appear as "purchased" in the eShop so you can redownload them again. The ONLY way to transfer the titles as "installed" is with a full system transfer through system settings. If all you did was restore a "title.db" and perform a CTRNAND transfer, you still have to reinstall the games/apps bro. It's not a bug, that's how the system works.

bimsung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thanks for the replies guys

Yeah i will try that. It seems like there're also a lot of people having problems with Godmode9 CTRtransfer, i hope someone may look into it. Also, i think the 3ds.guide should have a warning because the region changing part do not mention a NAND backup and someone might brick their 3ds.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Uh tickets don't install the games my dude. You only install the tickets to make the games appear as "purchased" in the eShop so you can redownload them again. The ONLY way to transfer the titles as "installed" is with a full system transfer through system settings. If all you did was restore a "title.db" and perform a CTRNAND transfer, you still have to reinstall the games/apps bro. It's not a bug, that's how the system works.
If the games are installed on the SD card and the tickets are restored the games should show up without having to be reinstalled?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the games are installed on the SD card and the tickets are restored the games should show up without having to be reinstalled?
Well yeah if you haven't formatted, or swapped systems without an official transfer. I was under the impression the guy was trying to use CTRtransfer to transfer installed titles from one console to another. Which was the assumption my reply was based on.

EDIT: He made his own thread regarding the issue, which is where I gained my intel for said assumption; not here Lol. Sorry if it didn't make sense.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well yeah if you haven't formatted, or swapped systems without an official transfer. I was under the impression the guy was trying to use CTRtransfer to transfer installed titles from one console to another. Which was the assumption my reply was based on.
I thought he was just doing a normal CTR transfer using the images in the guide, but his games didn't show up again. I didn't have any idea why that might happen so didn't respond the first time he asked.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was just doing a normal CTR transfer using the images in the guide, but his games didn't show up again. I didn't have any idea why that might happen so didn't respond the first time he asked.
I have no idea Lol. Maybe I just assumed because he never said why he needed the transfer. Don't mind me Lol..... Now I'm just wondering if he just didn't finish restoring them with FBI (you know, cause they still won't show up until they're reinstalled)

That and he just said "no titles appear" so I don't know if he means the ticket transfer said he didn't have any to transfer, or that he transferred them but never used the "ctrnand_tranfer" ticket file to install via FBI....

Last edited by Majickhat55,

bimsung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Okay, i used Decrypt9 to CTRtransfer and the process failed at step 4 according to the log

Decrypt9.log
Step #1: .SHA verification of CTRNAND image...
Checking hash from .SHA file...
Step #1 success!

Step #2: Dumping transfer files
Searching for SecureInfo_A...
Found at 0E298000, size 273b
Creating 77072212_SecureInfo_A ...
Searching for movable.sed...
Found at 0E7C8000, size 320b
Creating 77072212_movable.sed ...
Searching for LocalFriendCodeSeed_B...
Found at 0E710000, size 272b
Creating 77072212_LocalFriendCodeSeed_B ...
Searching for configsave.bin...
Found at 0F258000, size 256kB
Creating 77072212_configsave.bin ...
Step #2 success!

Step #3: Injecting CTRNAND transfer image
Injecting 11.5.0-38J_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin (1054 MB)...
Opening 11.5.0-38J_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin ...
Step #3 success!

Step #4: Injecting transfer files
Found at 0BA58000, size 273b
Opening 77072212_SecureInfo_A ...
Fixing file CMAC for console...
Found at 0BA58000, size 273b
File has no fixable CMAC
Found at 0BA30000, size 320b
Opening 77072212_movable.sed ...
Found at 0BA30000, size 320b
Validated CMAC okay
Found at 0BA48000, size 272b
Opening 77072212_LocalFriendCodeSeed_B ...
Found at 0BA48000, size 272b
File has no fixable CMAC
Searching for configsave.bin...
Failed!
Auto CTRNAND Transfer: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

Does anyone know why this happened ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here