Hardware C'ant access vsh or recovery menu

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm stumped and I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. I'll have to think about this, I really don't know what else could be wrong with the system. Technically you could re-arrange buttons using a button mapping app just to access the VSH, but that merely fixes the symptoms, not the problem. There's definitely something wrong with your system though, that's for sure.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Was there anything disconnected when you opened it?
Any wires that weren't in their connectors?

About the home button, what happens when you press it in game and how were you able to find out that it-
was moved to the screen and note buttons?

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was there anything disconnected when you opened it?
Any wires that weren't in their connectors?

About the home button, what happens when you press it in game and how were you able to find out that it-
was moved to the screen and note buttons?
All wires were connected normally and the home button doesn't work in game.
how were you able to find out that it- was moved to the screen and note buttons?
It's quite simple , i was playing a game when i wanted to exit but the button didn't work. I tried for 5 min nothing and the game song started to annoy me so i wanted to mute it and then a single press has made the exit menu appears and later when i tried to lower the light of my psp in the game, it made the exit menu appears too!

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you have the possibility, I would like you to post pictures of this part (see attached picture).
Try to take as detailed pictures as possible with the macro setting set to "on" in the camera.

Something (liquid of some kind) could be shorting out the signals.
Take a picture of the main board too, especially where the same flex ribbon connects.

Attachments

• psp3kflexbuttons.JPG
    psp3kflexbuttons.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 316

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the possibility, I would like you to post pictures of this part (see attached picture).
Try to take as detailed pictures as possible with the macro setting set to "on" on the camera.

Something (liquid of some kind) could be shorting out the signals.
Take a picture of the main board too, especially where the same flex ribbon connects.
ok when go home i do it, so until 4pm maybe....

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are they are but they are low quality

Attachments

• IMG_20140411_191326.jpg
    IMG_20140411_191326.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_20140411_191705.jpg
    IMG_20140411_191705.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20140411_191711.jpg
    IMG_20140411_191711.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20140411_191752.jpg
    IMG_20140411_191752.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 294

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can't really tell anything from the pictures, they are too blurry. :(

I don't really know how i can proceed helping you.
Another possible could be, replacing that same part you took pictures of, it's not expensive and you can find them on eBay.

Otherwise, I have trading proposition if you are interested, I'll pm you.

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i will wait before remplacing the part since i can still play some game.
Thanks for the help. But it still weird , the ribbons are perfectly connected,the select button works perfectly in game and the start button doesn't work anymore in some of my japanese game like shining ark(it was working before).

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to precise that the absence of recovery menu don't stir me up. My real problem is that since it been gone 95% of my japanese game doesn't work anymore, i'm blocked at the title screen where none of my button work at least i can exit the game....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Upon careful deliberation I figured that using MacroFire might fix the symptoms of your problems, but not the problem itself. The plugin allows you to re-map all of your PSP's buttons to different buttons or button combinations. That way, you can simply set R, Start and Select to work when pressing different buttons entirely. It doesn't solve the problem with your hardware, no, but it makes the system functional, at least when running CFW. You should look into that app.

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Upon careful deliberation I figured that using MacroFire might fix the symptoms of your problems, but not the problem itself. The plugin allows you to re-map all of your PSP's buttons to different buttons or button combinations. That way, you can simply set R, Start and Select to work when pressing different buttons entirely. It doesn't solve the problem with your hardware, no, but it makes the system functional, at least when running CFW. You should look into that app.
I downloaded it but i need to hold the 2 buttons ( not press like in the tutorial) to make it appears. But even so it doesn't work, if i stop holding the menu disappears, if i touch another button it disappears too!
i have macrofire 3.2.9

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can configure Macrofire from a computer by editing the ini file in seplugins. That way you don't have to rely on non-functional buttons to configure it. Only permanent solutions I can think of is buying a new home bar for your PSP. They're fairly cheap and easy to replace. Though, that's a really odd way for it to break, having buttons switched like that. Did you try installing anything onto any sectors of the PSP's NAND? What all do you run on your PSP? Some older homebrew can cause some nasty problems on 3000 models. Fairly rare, but can't hurt to ask.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can configure Macrofire from a computer by editing the ini file in seplugins. That way you don't have to rely on non-functional buttons to configure it. Only permanent solutions I can think of is buying a new home bar for your PSP. They're fairly cheap and easy to replace. Though, that's a really odd way for it to break, having buttons switched like that. Did you try installing anything onto any sectors of the PSP's NAND? What all do you run on your PSP? Some older homebrew can cause some nasty problems on 3000 models. Fairly rare, but can't hurt to ask.
That's what I thought, but the OP maintains she hasn't used any plugins and didn't modify the OFW registry. The only way to make sure that didn't happen would be to forcibly flash OFW again since 6.60 won't install on 6.60, I'm thinking along the lines of using Chronoswitch.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought, but the OP maintains she hasn't used any plugins and didn't modify the OFW registry. The only way to make sure that didn't happen would be to forcibly flash OFW again since 6.60 won't install on 6.60, I'm thinking along the lines of using Chronoswitch.
I was thinking that, but it sounded she couldn't get her HEN to run. Either way, with a quick Google search I found a signed version. It was probably signed from the start, I've been aways from homebrewing for a few years so the idea of signed homebrew is still new to me.

http://www.qj.net/psp/news/psp-homebrew-chronoswitch-downgrader-v5.html

Mimi, if you want to skip a step, instead of putting the 6.20 firmware upgrade in the update folder, you can put 6.60 in there instead. It'll allow you to do a fresh install of your OFW. You could also reset your PSP's settings for good measure (make sure you take out your Memory Stick first).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was thinking that, but it sounded she couldn't get her HEN to run. Either way, with a quick Google search I found a signed version. It was probably signed from the start, I've been aways from homebrewing for a few years so the idea of signed homebrew is still new to me.

http://www.qj.net/psp/news/psp-homebrew-chronoswitch-downgrader-v5.html

Mimi, if you want to skip a step, instead of putting the 6.20 firmware upgrade in the update folder, you can put 6.60 in there instead. It'll allow you to do a fresh install of your OFW. You could also reset your PSP's settings for good measure (make sure you take out your Memory Stick first).
Naw, we got to the point where Fast Recovery was turning CFW Mode on, so she should be able to use the application as long as it doesn't use Start/Select or the R button. I just figured that this kind of thing would be a CFW-side modification, but if we're covering all bases, we might as well cover OFW.

I'd just like to point out that flashing, however secure and whatever tutorial you may follow, has a slight possibility of bricking the system - be sure to perform the operation on a sufficiently charged battery and preferably with the power adapter connected to minimize the possibility of losing power during flashing.

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No i didn't install anything , apart from the japanese game(older to new) i don't run ... now we talking about one i have installed a homebrew to enable and disable my plugins , i forgot the name but do you think it can be the cause?
But damn i can't play japanese game anymore it suck so much!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i didn't install anything , apart from the japanese game(older to new) i don't run ... now we talking about one i have installed a homebrew to enable and disable my plugins , i forgot the name but do you think it can be the cause?
But damn i can't play japanese game anymore it suck so much!
Probably not. From the way it sounds, the plugin is stored on the memory stick so it won't do anything until you start up your HEN. If it was stored on your NAND, that'd be a different story. Try doing a clean install of your firmware. You can also try resetting your settings (make sure you remove your memory stick first) to clean out your flash1. I think that'd rule everything out. If your buttons are still messed up, then it has to be a hardware problem, unless I'm missing something.

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably not. From the way it sounds, the plugin is stored on the memory stick so it won't do anything until you start up your HEN. If it was stored on your NAND, that'd be a different story. Try doing a clean install of your firmware. You can also try resetting your settings (make sure you remove your memory stick first) to clean out your flash1. I think that'd rule everything out. If your buttons are still messed up, then it has to be a hardware problem, unless I'm missing something.
reinstalling and resetting doesn't work!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then it's probably a hardware issue. On both Amazon and Ebay are replacement parts. What you probably need is a new home bar. They're also called flex bars. They're fairly cheap. Including shipping, you'll probably spend less than $5. There's a lot of guides online for replacing it. I could be wrong, but that's the only thing I can think of that's left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again