Hacking CANSOMEBODYPLAESE HELP ME OUT HERE!

Jelani Y. Doyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want to know how to install moonshell onto cyclodsievolution. dragging and dropping the moonshell file into the root of my microsd card is not working..... can a felow owner of the card help me out here..... and also what does the moonshell for cyclodsievolution do besides hold bookmarks??? can it even play MP3 and PDFs and such???? txh for all ur help!! (in advance)

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
It's a dead card.

You should ask your question here:

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/

It's a strange sect. You'll find some friends there...
mellow.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
2 months since last firmware. 2 months is not forever and this is normal for Team Cyclops.

To the OP: Go to the Cyclo Forums and you wont get people dissing on your choice of cart. There is always help on their forum.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Maybe it was normal for them. In the past.

Why did you buy this card if you have to wait months for a fix - when a card that costs just 10% fixed this stuff in... a day?

Jelani Y. Doyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you guys dont understand the inly thing that comes in the download file is an nds file and i drag it into the root like a regular game but it dosent work so where does it have to go why doesent anothe rowner of the damn cart answer??

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
nitrozz said:
Cyclods is dead

cyclops is still producing the cyclods ievo, their tech support and sales email are still active. however, firmware updates and releases are not what they use to be. the team has phased out the evo in favor of the ievo, but the ievo's dsi-mode features are buggy at best. the ievo dsi-mode can only use what the exploit offers, in this case my healthy cooking coach. this means we will never have wifi in dsi-mode. another problem is that the compatibility layers have never been updated. old homebrew does not run better in dsi-mode, instead it mostly crashes or errors. the ievo menu continues to have small bugs which have not been addressed since the initial release. finally, there have not been any game updates for a month (or two).

the team is not dead they are just not what they use to be. it is possible that they now understand how poorly designed the ievo dsi-mode exploit is. it does work but it works with bugs and lacks features they said it would have. it is entirely possible that the team understands that the golden age of ds piracy is over and they are just following suit.

with all of the problems, homebrew compiled with the latest libNDS can benefit from dsi-mode's increased cpu speed and ram. this is obvious with cquake and alekmaul's atari emulators.

what it comes down to is this, if you want an excellent ds-mode flash kit that works on the dsi and 3ds, and additionally has the ability to run dsi-mode homebrew, then grab the ievo. if you don't care about the dsi-mode enhancements then don't grab the ievo. but either way don't get an ievo for dsi-roms or dsi-mode compatibility layer *promises*.

-another world

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nathanaël said:
I hope you're are aware that these unhappy kids paid your free review sample, Mr Another World.

I hope you are aware that the review samples were sent before a single unit was sold. Also making the Evo in the first place was enough to make the cash needed to make a few flashcarts.

QUOTE(nitrozz @ Aug 3 2011, 02:17 PM) the truth is that the website is down

Wrong. The website and the forums work. Just tested a minute ago. Sometimes the problems may be in the receiving end, ie. your ISP/connection.

-Qtis

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Nathanaël said:
I hope you're are aware that these unhappy kids paid your free review sample, Mr Another World.

if anything the evo paid for my review sample. homebrew devs and reviewers received 1 of the first 50 cards made, and each one has a crooked micro sd slot. the card didn't go into production until a month or so later (after they got our feedback). if i had been sent a sample after that point i might agree with you, but i wasn't so i won't.

-another world

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
sorry if i asked in the wrong thread, but iEvolution is still alive cuz the web site is gone. Also cuz im not sure which to get iEvo or DSTWO.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a rumor (repeat: RUMOR) going around that TC plans to update at the end of this month (September).....we shall see. The rumor goes that they plan to fix the iEVO and continue to update the regular EVO. I'll believe that when I see it.

I've been trying to remain faithful and I HOPE they do update, but I'm rapidly losing faith in that prospect. http://cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl is just POOF! now, but the forums are still up.....who knows how long that will be before the forums go POOF! too. TC? Well, they are completely incommunicado, other than form-letter answers to direct queries, which inspires very little hope in my eyes.

There is blurb about a Cyclo360 floating around now....an X-Box 360 modchip. But with TC's current track-record, you'd have to be pretty desperate (or ignorant of their lack of support) to buy anything further from TC......as the situation stands now.

To be honest, I think TC HAS abandoned us. It's not really all that surprising for EVO owners if you think about it, but the iEVO didn't even last a year before they stopped supporting it. That's just pathetic when you consider how much they charge for their carts. But what are we gonna do, sue them for not supporting their illegal cart because we can't continue our illegal activities as efficiently as we could before? Yeah, right.....thanks a bunch for leaving my dick in the dirt TC. I won't forget that. We pirates aren't the forgiving type.

I still have a few milligrams of hope left, but that is failing fast. TC seems to have this song in mind when it comes to their products now:
[youtube]fFGZufk4HFs[/youtube]

We're over halfway through September now......less than two weeks before we know for sure. If October comes and we still don't have an update, then TC is truly dead to me.

Oh! But they want to sell you this new 360 modchip.........I don't fracking think so. They would have to come up with one hell of a gnarly update for EVO/iEVO before I'd ever trust them again with any of MY money, especially after paying such a premium price for the cart. YWG and RetroGameFan fix games and maintain viability to various carts for free, but TC can't manage it at ~$50 a pop for the products they sell. How sad is that?

[in the most sarcastic tone I can muster] Thanks TC! Some Vaseline would have been nice before you screwed us.

Just like Arnold Schwarzenegger said in Total Recall while dressed in the fat lady outfit at the space port, "Two Weeks!" If nothing happens by then, then if it was up to me, TC should be the ones who should "get ready for a surprise"......but the brainwashed sheep will continue to stampede.....and TC will continue to suck up cash for doing nothing, selling their ALL-NEW 360 modchip, for which there will likely be very poor support.

But they already got your money, so what do they care. Take the money and run.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hope this update brin back to life teamcyclo, i just asked cuz the card is for my niece. I think my brother in law, just ordered it following my recomendation. But all i care was using the Moonshell in DSi Mode, to see if improve anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-