Dyords

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

This is bugging me for days now. My ACNH is at 1.6.0c and I can't update to 1.7.0 or 1.8.0.
I'm at firmware 11, atmos 18.
I'm using Tinfoil and Nut (USB) to install files
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it stops at 1.6.0. I also tried installing in NAND.
I download my files from HBG drive.
When I tried selecting reinstall NCA, it will give me the NCA placeholder error. The only thing I can think of is I changed the BCAT of the game (1.6.0c) but I don't know how to revert back.
Other games install and update fine by the way.

Help?

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Creating placeholder or registering placeholder is a simple file operation. You can check it in atmo sources. So, those errors can be caused only by fs errors. Sigpatches and so on not involved at all.

Dyords

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Creating placeholder or registering placeholder is a simple file operation. You can check it in atmo sources. So, those errors can be caused only by fs errors. Sigpatches and so on not involved at all.
what can cause fs error if the problem persists on both SD and nand? and why can i install other games?

Dyords

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What exact your error message? Ask blawar what it means.
who's blawar? i only get the failed reinstalling NCA message when I select reinstall NCA when I update the game. If that is not selected, Tinfoil just goes back to the previous screen after I select install. Nothing happens. No error message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2