Cannot run cdn_firm.py when installing rxtools

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jonathansrich, Jul 8, 2016.

1. jonathansrich
    OP

jonathansrich Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    United States
    I am trying to install rxtools and I installed python 2.7 on my mac but when I try to run cdn_firm.py I get this error:

HTTP Error: 404 http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I don't know if this is possible but could I use the firmware.bin from someone else? I am trying to install rxtools 3.0 beta 2

Last edited by jonathansrich, Jul 8, 2016
  2. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    if you want to know your issue, its that your using rx tools. Rx is VERY outdated now, and your better off using luma3ds. Use this guide to get luma, which is much easier setting up then rxtools

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also, if you are on a new 3ds, I advise you to use reinand, as I have experienced better boot times with reinand. To install reinand, just copy all the files to the root of sd card from the latest release you can find here If you ever want luma3ds or reinand to get 100% boot rate and brick protection, which is competely optional, you should get arm9loaderhax by following this to the letter, like follow the instructions exactly. This will take a few hours, involves you to downgrade to 2.1.0, and you won't be able to boot without an sd card. Personally, if you are new to the scene, don't do arm9loaderhax. It is fairly complex

3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
  4. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    he is trying to install rxtools and it stuck at a step. Its safe to assume he is on 9.2.

5. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    no firmware was ever listed, so it's a good idea to mention it anyway just in case.

6. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    ok