Hacking Emulation Feedback Gaming Cannot run a recent game on hacked switch

T00nist8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haves a hacked switch with a firmware of 13.1 and AMS 1.5.1. I updated the sigpatches so I was able to run the most recent of games on my switch. However, there is one game I downloaded and installed, but seems to load for a bit until it stops working. It’s an XCI file, and I even deleted it, downloaded it again at a different site and reinstalled it again but I got the same issue again. Would anyone know where to go from here? Like to update my switch firmware by other means (as I can’t use the internet anymore as it won’t allow me)? Or something else entirely?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haves a hacked switch with a firmware of 13.1 and AMS 1.5.1. I updated the sigpatches so I was able to run the most recent of games on my switch. However, there is one game I downloaded and installed, but seems to load for a bit until it stops working. It’s an XCI file, and I even deleted it, downloaded it again at a different site and reinstalled it again but I got the same issue again. Would anyone know where to go from here? Like to update my switch firmware by other means (as I can’t use the internet anymore as it won’t allow me)? Or something else entirely?
Update everything

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
At this point, there's literally no reason at all to stay in HOS 13. You should be, at bare minimum, on 15.x and Atmos/Hekate on the latest version (with the correspondent sigpatches). Being lazy on updates is pretty dumb, only brings you troubles.

Once you've done that, if the game still doesn't wanna boot, it may be the file itself that's corrupted.

T00nist8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, there's literally no reason at all to stay in HOS 13. You should be, at bare minimum, on 15.x and Atmos/Hekate on the latest version (with the correspondent sigpatches). Being lazy on updates is pretty dumb, only brings you troubles.

Once you've done that, if the game still doesn't wanna boot, it may be the file itself that's corrupted.
Ok then. But like I said, I can’t connect to the internet to do an update on my switch and everything else. I guess I’ll have to look up again to manually do it again, forgot how to do it but I’m certain it’s somewhere online. I just hope when I update it works as I update one thing it all falls apart and I don’t know what to do but go back to the original version. Sorry if the OP is redundant but I’m just getting mad that when I update it messes up my switch.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then. But like I said, I can’t connect to the internet to do an update on my switch and everything else. I guess I’ll have to look up again to manually do it again, forgot how to do it but I’m certain it’s somewhere online. I just hope when I update it works as I update one thing it all falls apart and I don’t know what to do but go back to the original version. Sorry if the OP is redundant but I’m just getting mad that when I update it messes up my switch.
Why won't it allow u to connect to the internet?

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
You MUST update everything manually and conscientiously, not using auto updaters nor any homebrew app to download the files.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if your Swicth is banned, you can connect to the internet and update it still in OFW, normal official Nintendy way.

T00nist8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You MUST update everything manually and conscientiously, not using auto updaters nor any homebrew app to download the files.
Ok, I tried to look for the files online and doing them manually, like you said! I didn’t use any auto updaters or homebrew apps at all to get them. But it didn’t work somehow and I am stuck. I’ll do it again.

T00nist8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if your Swicth is banned, you can connect to the internet and update it still in OFW.
Ok, I didn’t know that. I thought you were stuck and had to do things manually. Well, is there a page I can see about doing that?

T00nist8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is better to make all manually, you know what you have and the state of everything.
Ok then. I’ll look to that link you showed and follow anything involving softmod stuff like atmosphere. I was close until I screwed up from before, so hopefully I’ll make better strides tomorrow evening when I have more time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Zelda totk also will be available in hacked switch for free in future?
Zelda is available for free right now.
Just wondering. New games also will be available in tinfoil?
The only tinfoil shops that are being actively updated require donations, that's the way things have been and the way they will likely continue to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out