Cannot Open System Settings (Help Needed Please!)

Spark442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just for some background, I bought a New 3DS LL from ebay which might of not been the best idea but the seller was creditable. Basically I got the console, and System Settings gives me the error in the picture. It basically just means that an error has occurred and to restart the DS. Which I have done and I've also did L+R+A+Up on D pad to update but the DS was already on latest firmware. The system also doesn't have a micro SD in it if that means anything. I don't really have anything else, Help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20211228_105104.jpg
    20211228_105104.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited by Spark442,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Sypherone

Spark442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the first thing to do for starters would be https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw .

Depending on how that goes, I'm thinking TinyFormat or CTR Transfer (Type D9) might be the way to go.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tinyformat.391635/

Do any of the other built-in apps work?
Every app works except system settings. CFW didn't show up, so I guess there is no custom firmware.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be a case of improper CFW removal.
  • Ask the seller about previous CFW installation
    • You could ask for a refund if the damage wasn't part of the offering – else:
  • Start GodMode9 with ntrboot. If you are not prompted to create an embedded essential backup it very likely CFW has been uninstalled without making sure everything will work afterwards.
  • Install B9S with ntrboot and see if this makes System Settings usable. Else further software troubleshooting might be needed.
I don't know if Seedminer is doable. Some routes definitely rely on System Settings. At least the friend list has to open in any case. Seedminer → Installing B9S (Pichaxx) might be possible.

Good luck!

Spark442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be a case of improper CFW removal.
  • Ask the seller about previous CFW installation
    • You could ask for a refund if the damage wasn't part of the offering – else:
  • Start GodMode9 with ntrboot. If you are not prompted to create an embedded essential backup it very likely CFW has been uninstalled without making sure everything will work afterwards.
  • Install B9S with ntrboot and see if this makes System Settings usable. Else further software troubleshooting might be needed.
I don't know if Seedminer is doable. Some routes definitely rely on System Settings. At least the friend list has to open in any case. Seedminer → Installing B9S (Pichaxx) might be possible.

Good luck!
thank you, i'll reply with any updates

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Base on translation it says

main unit settings
because an error occurred
the software was forcibly terminiated.