Cannot Launch USB Loader from System Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sl0play, Dec 23, 2009.

1. sl0play
    OP

sl0play Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    I have come looking for help, i promise i have spent at least 2 hours trying to figure this out myself and googled it. I have modded several wii consoles over time and am doing one today for a friend.

On a system with 4.1u I followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...od-any-wii.html

It works perfectly but for 1 thing, the neogamma usb loader channel does not work, it goes to a black screen and just hangs, so I installed USB Loader GX and the forwarder, when launched from the forwarder it does exactly the same thing but when launched from the homebrew channel it works perfect. So I loaded the actual USB loader GX channel, not the forwarder, it also hangs at a black screen. I am completely stumped.

Thank you for any help.

-sl0play

2. ChokeD

ChokeD The Contributor

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
  3. jstevenson72

jstevenson72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    Launching from the HBC, it knows exactly where the program is...so it makes sense that it works.

If you are using a forwarder you have to have the folder names "just right" in your USB:/apps folder otherwise it won't "find" the program and you will just get a black screen.

Different forwarders may have different paths they look for the program, this will hold true regardless of the loader you are using.

I suggest you check the Configurable thread for the proper folder name, and then verify the folder structure on your USB drive.

I had the same problem when I switched to forwarders a while back...

Good Luck,

Jake

4. sl0play
    OP

sl0play Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    @ChokeD I have tried that, it does not work.

@jstevenson72 I have checked the configurable and it is correct, it is also correct in the program update path. The thing is, this doesn't only occur with forwarders, it also occurs when I try to install the GX and Neogamma channels directly onto the system, so there should be no issue with location there.

Incase it helps anyone, I have installed and reinstalled ios38x14 both from the wad and from the network, and done the same with 222/223x4

5. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    have you done anything to your system menu and its IOS? like preloader or any of that?

6. sl0play
    OP

sl0play Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    No, no pre-loaders.