Hacking Cannot get Wii flow to work

Cimmerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I feel I have tried pretty much everything and have spent hours and hours reading online to find a fix but cannot find a solution. Help a brother out?

When I try to back up Smash Bros Brawl using Wii Flow it gives me this message - "Not enough space:7438598144 blocks needed, -2138068464 available". I have an external HDD (1tb Western Digital Passport to be specific) and have it plugged into a powered USB hub because as we all know the Wii U can't put out enough power to power such things. The USB hub uses 2 USB ports much like a Y cable to get extra power. At first I thought that was the problem, so I took the USB that is used to provide the extra power and plugged it into a wall adapter, yet still didn't work. I have the HDD formated to FAT32 using a 3rd party application which is the right format if I understand correctly. When I boot up the Wii U it says it sees the hard drive and asks me if I want to format it, so clearly the Wii U recognizes the HDD so why won't Wii Flow let me back up my games???

I have it plugged into the port furthest from the edge which I think is the right one but have tested using both to no avail.

D

Deleted User

Pretty sure SSBB is a dual layer disc. Raw dump would be 7+GB which is far beyond FAT32 limitations. Don't remember whether or not WiiFlow will split it automatically. You're probably better off using CleanRip for dumps, especially seeing as it has builtin hashes for known discs to confirm it's ripped properly. You could also use NTFS and WBFS images.

Cimmerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure SSBB is a dual layer disc. Raw dump would be 7+GB which is far beyond FAT32 limitations. Don't remember whether or not WiiFlow will split it automatically. You're probably better off using CleanRip for dumps, especially seeing as it has builtin hashes for known discs to confirm it's ripped properly. You could also use NTFS and WBFS images.

So if I format the drive to NTFS I could back up the game with Wii Flow? Or are you saying rip the disc on my comp, convert it to wbfs then put it on the HDD? Because I tried just doing NTFS at first and that was no go. In Fact I get the same error even if the HDD isn't plugged in, which I thought was odd. I tried backing it up the SD card and that worked just fine, it was a WBFS file and under 4gb so I don't see how the FAT32 could be the problem.

D

Deleted User

Is the drive plugged into the top USB port? (if the unit is lying horizontal)

Never used WiiFlow to rip anything. Always ripped via CleanRip to a FAT32 partition, then used WiiBackupManager to convert to WBFS images. Loaded them up on a NTFS partition and launched them via WiiFlow

Cimmerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I formated to NTFS and can see the game after ripping and converting it to WBFS but when I select it the screen goes black for 10 seconds and then sends me back the the Wii Flow main menu. Any ideas why?

D

Deleted User

Would be best to post a sysCheck. Also as mentioned earlier, make sure the USB is plugged into the top USB port (when lying horizontal).

Do you mean kicking back to the System Menu? Or kicking back to wiiflow. I've never seen the latter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs