Hacking Cannot delete 4.83 update download

vila

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long-story short: I have PS+, I have a PS3 that gets no love. It was set to automatically get updates, so it downloaded the latest system update.

~~Sadly I cannot find a way to delete this to run the downgrade checker. It's still in 4.82 and is a slim CECH-2501A made in Nov 2010, but i don't want to risk installing the CFW without double-checking first.~~
~~Is there a way to delete the update or something?~~

EDIT: How i did it: I followed the V2 written guide, the GBA CFW guide, and a YT vid as reference. Figured out it was before the 3.60 update came out so I was positive it'll work. I'd later figured out that the flash NOR dump will show the min fw (it's 3.50 min ver). Followed the guide with the latest V2 updates, checekd MD5 hashes, and did another NOR dump after writing flash NOR.

When it came time to install the CFW, I made sure to check the MD5 hash on both the DL and the USB flash card copy. Only warning I got was ROS1 but ROS0 was fine. Since the update software was stuck at attepting to install 4.83, I went to recovery/safe mode, and hit the last option to "system update." I disabled internet, and had the USB flash on the right port beforehand. prayed to the gaming peasant gods that I wouldn't get any errors, and in some minutes it installed and everything works now.

So yea, I got lucky before getting any reply lol.

Extremely sorry for the new thread I thought my PS3 was a goner.

PS: I restored the file systems, and rebuild the database beforehand. I think re-updating to 4.82 from recovery menu could had helped, but did not do.

Last edited by vila,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1