Cannot Connect To oXbox via FTP

Robot 1X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be more of a general networking question, but I think because I am using an original Xbox that this is a good place to ask.;

I'm trying to transfer the Chimp application to my Xbox via FTP and cannot connect with FileZilla. I did some basic troubleshooting and have found that I cannot ping 192.168.0.2 (the IP address displayed in the dashboard) on my PC on the same network. I am using a NetGear router with the Xbox connected to it with a Cat5e cable and am pinging from a Windows laptop connected via Wi-Fi. I also remember having difficulty trying to set up a LAN for WarCraft III and my ping attempts timing out, Could anyone here help me with this problem? Perhaps there's a setting I need to change on the router to allow my devices to communicate with each other?

Thanks in advance,
~Robot_1X

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using DHCP or a static IP?

What router and firmware are you using?

Have you tried disabling your firewall?

Robot 1X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using DHCP and am using a NetGear model WNR2000v2 on firmware 1.2.0.6, which is not the latest firmware. Would updating it solve my problem perhaps?

I haven't tried disabling my firewall for my attempt to connect to the Xbox, but I have for my attempted WarCraft III LAN. If you think this might help, I'll try it.

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might connect your Xbox directly to your computer. Do you have a crossover cable to do this? If your computer is older you might need one. An adapter that fits on one end of a regular Ethernet cable costs a few dollars on eBay.

Last edited by tedmg091309131,

Robot 1X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a crossover cable, but I have plenty of Cat5e cables, so I can probably follow a tutorial on how to modify one to a crossover cable. My laptop is rather new, being a 2-in-1 from 2014. I also have a desktop PC I built in late 2016. I'll reply again after I look further into making a crossover cable (or into adapters if need be).

D

Deleted-355425

I thought most cat cables were cross over, should say on the shielding cross over or patch lead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that