• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,560
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all,

Following the steps at below which has so far been good.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Come to the point of trying to load hourglass9 and get a black screen. The payload file is in place and named appropriately. I've tried to boot using different keys, and other payloads will not load either.

I am able to boot to luma options by holding select. Appropriate options are set as per the guide. Seen multiple threads but no real solution for me.

Any help much appreciated. I just hope it's not something stupid.

D

Deleted User

OP
I had considered this, but unfortunately cannot seem to boot to any payload

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't load any payload? Uncart, Emunand9?

Do you have the payloads in the luma folder inside another folder called payloads?

ie: Sdcard/luma/payloads/start_HourGlass9.bin

D

Deleted User

OP
upload_2016-7-17_10-13-22.png

I have these 3 setup as per the guide. None of them work.

Reactions: QThatOneGuy
D

Deleted User

OP
Try updating luma and see if that makes a difference, if it dosen't work still, it's worth it to try BootCTR9

Sorry to be a pain. At this stage how would I go about this? Presumably it is going to take me back to much earlier in the setup?

The reason I had to use an earlier version was due to the latest not working at some point during the setup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you check your folder options if the "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked?

It is checked.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N
Sorry to be a pain. At this stage how would I go about this? Presumably it is going to take me back to much earlier in the setup?

The reason I had to use an earlier version was due to the latest not working at some point during the setup.
No no, you only have to check it on your computer. Just open a folder(any folder), click "Tools" on the menu bar, then "Folder Options" then click the "View" tab on the pop up. There will be a list of boxes with checks on it, see if the "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked.

Edit:
Try unchecking it, then check your payloads. It might have been an issue with the filenaming, Im guessing your payloads look like this?

start_Hourglass9.bin.bin

Am I right?

Last edited by Akira,
D

Deleted User

OP
N

No no, you only have to check it on your computer. Just open a folder(any folder), click "Tools" on the menu bar, then "Folder Options" then click the "View" tab on the pop up. There will be a list of boxes with checks on it, see if the "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked

Yes definitely checked.

N

No no, you only have to check it on your computer. Just open a folder(any folder), click "Tools" on the menu bar, then "Folder Options" then click the "View" tab on the pop up. There will be a list of boxes with checks on it, see if the "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked.

Edit:
Try unchecking it, then check your payloads. It might have been an issue with the filenaming, Im guessing your payloads look like this?

start_Hourglass9.bin.bin

Am I right?

I'm afraid not. Just standard .bin.

Right I've swapped out all my old Luma folders and files for 5.5 (Not dev) and am now in Hourglass9.

I'm guessing I'm ok to proceed from here?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes definitely checked.

I'm afraid not. Just standard .bin.

Right I've swapped out all my old Luma folders and files for 5.5 (Not dev) and am now in Hourglass9.

I'm guessing I'm ok to proceed from here?
Yes, as long as you copied the arm9loaderhax.bin then go ahead with the next steps.

D

Deleted User

OP
OK got there in the end. Now automatically launching in to cfw sysnand.

Thanks to all that helped.

Reactions: Posghetti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it