Hacking Question Can you use the SX Dongle to run Hecate instead?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the basic Hecate payload that everyone is using. Not the SX OS itself. Honestly, I'm more interested in having a wireless method of getting into RCM and the dongle would fix that. I don't want to use SX OS and get banned yet. At least not until the games I want are in the shop and I can download them. So is it possible to just launch into Hecate without using SX OS at all?

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Kalleno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can. In the Options menu, where you can activate the autoRCM you have the Option to inject a different payload which is read from the SD Root.

I tested that already.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can. In the Options menu, where you can activate the autoRCM you have the Option to inject a different payload which is read from the SD Root.

I tested that already.
Right. It says “launch external payload” or something like that. I am going to check out Hekate before registering my dongle.

Reactions: Kalleno

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As of earlier today, ctcaer released a script that converts a payload to a boot.dat that can be started directly by the dongle, and the default payload it does this to is his latest ipl release.
I think someone posted a ready-converted boot.dat of it, probably in the SX OS 1.3 unpacker thread in the backup loader section.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool. Thanks for the info guys. My dongle isn't here yet, but I just wanted to know my options. I'll wait out the SX OS until there is more info on the bans. At least I can wirelessly boot into Hecate now. Awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!