Can we decrypt and reencrypt retail saves?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Codename, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Codename
    OP

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    I would like to decrypt my Smash 4 and Kid Icarus Uprising retail cartridge saves, which use the new save crypto introduced in firmware 6.x, and then I would like to reencrypt them using the older save crypto used in firmware 4.x so I can downgrade my firmware and use the Gateway exploit offline and retain my retail game saves that use newer encryption. Is this at all possible? Or are there any workarounds that I can use to keep and play my saves with my retail cartridges after downgrading to 4.x?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Kid Icarus was released long before 6.x so it won't use the new save encryption.
    There's not much you can do to decrypt the Smash save though, but it doesn't take that long to unlock all the characters and stages so you could just start fresh.

3. Codename
    OP

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    Really, that's weird? My Kid Icarus Uprising save corrupted when I downgraded to 4.x. I had made a backup of the retail cartridge's save before downgrading, so when I upgraded back to my higher firmware and restored the save, it worked again.