Can we block all Nintendo servers except the game updates?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by URBANsUNITED, Oct 28, 2016.

1. URBANsUNITED
    OP

URBANsUNITED Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi!

I ask myself if we can block all Nintendo server except the resonsible one(s) for the game updates.
    So we can block all servers, but we'll get the game updates. This keeps us safe from system updates.

But is this possible? Or are game and system updates using the same servers?

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

ThunderbInazuma likes this.
  2. jailminer

jailminer Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Huh?

3. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Blocking the eshop blocks updates for games and the console. It wouldn't be possible to just allow game updates without system updates.

4. URBANsUNITED
    OP

URBANsUNITED Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So, they are tied together. Okay. No problem, but it could have make things much easier.

Thanks

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can use nnu - patcher which allows you to access eshop (and update games) with updates blocked. If downloads has the red X then it wont work. Reboot your wii u and quickly boot nnu-patcher (It works with all firmwares and not just 5.3.2)
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nnu-patcher-a-patcher-to-temporarily-use-the-eshop.398554/

6. hudhair

hudhair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2013
    United States
    I've been trying to do that, but it still blocks update for me, even when i can access the eshop with nnupatcher.

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Is their an x on your downloads? If so it won't work. Reboot wii u and quickly boot nnu-patcher.
    If your games are from usb download the update from nus.

8. scyllahydre

scyllahydre Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    France