Can this psp have CFW?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Nocturnius, Apr 29, 2009.

Apr 29, 2009

Can this psp have CFW? by Nocturnius at 12:05 AM (951 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Nocturnius
    OP

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I got this blue psp slim. model 2001. has sony firmware 5.50. is it still possible to give it CFW? or downgrade it or anything of the sort? Also if i can give it CFW do i follow the normal steps that the tutorial in the sticky on top says?

2. commdante

Member commdante GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I think that is the latest one, if so..then no. The one before last (I lost count, I'm on latest cfw, xx m33-6 orso ... the official on that CFW# people are busy with some kind of tiff exploit (I think), but THAT exploit got removed from latest OFW ...)

You probably can't follow the "normal steps that the tutorial in the sticky on top says", because it isn't out yet.

Anyways, why are you actually asking? I've bought mine because there were already so many nice homebrew progs/games and used it a lot to stream anime/movies to it when I didn't have my eeePC yet (oh, and because FF7 and 8 hardly run anymore on a PC these days) ... if it's just for pirating: there isn't much to enjoy pirating .. either games are good (enough to buy, so you don't miss anything) or they're movie spin-offs and lame shovelware etc. I've bought about 6 games I actually like (and thus bought) ... and even those I hardly play. I think i've only finished God of war (on easy ... I usually play on handhelds to relax [​IMG] ) and Loco Roco. I've used my PSP about 90% more for homebrew then actual games .. meh, here's me ranting again: Sony complains about pirating, but I bet most people wouldn't even play 95% of the games (as in: actually finish them) if those people were paid for it.

-just my 2 cents

(97,653% of statistics on the internet are made up)

3. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Pandora plus magic memory stick. I just modded two of those blue PSPs.

4. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Is the serial number starting with AB01 or under AB0216?

5. commdante

Netherlands
    Meh, I guess I need to check if I can (hard-)mod my 2000 battery to pandora, not using it anyway (actually using an original 1000 batt atm ... bought a bigger one for my 1000 (handhelds get heavy fast [​IMG] ), but that one didn't work on my 2000, so I sold that one with my old PSP-1000). Funny to see pandory is still working, thought 5.50 ... oh yeah, that was about an exploit, *doh*.

Edit lol: 4 replies but no views? Hehe!

6. Nocturnius
    OP

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    by serial do you mean the one under the psp? like down below the start button? if so then it starts with AMO. if its inside the battery area then its HU859. I was planning on using the pandora plus magic stick way if there was no other way.

reason i asked also is because my bro gave me his blue psp slim for no reason. lol

7. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Look under the battery in the psp and see the Code Date if it 8c then you can not pandora it.

if it's under 8c let say 6c or under then yes you can custom firmware it ok. [​IMG]

8. commdante

Netherlands
    My guess is he means the one under the battery, mine starts with HC8 .. date code 8A (which seems more meaningfull ... kinda remember it seeing before...). GoW boxed ed. (10 euro for a game seems reasonable, unlike most prices ... like 35 euro for Patapon 1 AND 2 (45 dollars? twice the price?) as some/most games here!)

9. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    AMO? Try a pandora if you have access to one. You could eBay it and get another one if it's unhackable