Can Someone Please Confirm?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Agent007, Mar 29, 2009.

Mar 29, 2009

Can Someone Please Confirm? by Agent007 at 3:48 AM (1,268 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Agent007
    OP

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I ordered from DX and I think I got a wrong item ..

Apparently here it says "DSi Compatible" in an Acekard 2 box. Im having worries at this point lol.

[​IMG]

And here is the picture of the back of the Acekard 2 box and the "Acekard 2i" itself. As you can see here, the acekard has the Acekard 2.1 label on it. (Biting Nails at this point)

[​IMG]

But then, it happened, as you can see in this next picture (Iunno if you can see) there is a bump , lifting the sticker up, showing the Acekard 2i sign.

[​IMG]

It is either an old Acekard 2 or Acekard 2i because both use Actel.

Can someone please confirm if this is a real Acekard 2i or not ... I have an Acekard 2.1 and the only difference is the "DSI compatible" sticker and the bump on the acekard.

P.S. Please don't tell me to go on the Acekard Wiki page, I just really want to know a straight answer ...

P.P.S. Please dun tell me to use the Search button btw ... I'm just trying to get this sticker problem and I've used the search button. The other reason why I can't test out this Acekard is because I do not have my DSL with me at the moment.

EDIT: Here is the back of the Acekard.

[​IMG]

~Agent007

2. omgdaniel

Newcomer omgdaniel Advanced Member

United States
    Uhh.. I don't know.. how about you read the review before you go and think about calling out to everyone and tell them to not tell you to look somewhere else?

Seriously... you expect everyone to do the work for you?

There.. I didn't tell you to read the wiki, I didn't tell you to use the search button. I told you to look at the review. And since you're apparently too lazy to even glance somewhere so simple here is a quote.

And here's one about the bump AFTER using the search button.

Now grow up and and stop acting like you're the most important person in the world and making it like you NEED this answered before you can look anywhere else.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    would you be so kind as to add thumbnails? those huge images sucked my bandwidth. those images are also very blurry, its hard to see whats going on at all. go back to DX and check what your ordered then check what is in your hands. if it matches... your got the right thing. not really sure how else to comment on this thread.

why did you order the ak2i anyways? if you had used the search button and read the wiki you would have found out that it has many problems. there is poor build quality, msd issues, dsi functionality issues, and the fact that the hack isn't fool-proof.

this is one of those things you should have waited on. there is no point to buy a dsi yet, unless you want to pay for things. wait until the dsi features are hacked and people can make use of them. otherwise you just bought another nds, with a flash kit that runs nds roms/homebrew.

-another world

4. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    this is the same as what i got, i placed it into my DS and the little icon say AK2i,

5. Agent007
    OP

Canada
    To OMGdaniel: First of all, I did read the review. ... only had specs of the AK2i and doesn't talk about if it comes in different packaging like the one i received so YOU grow up.

To Another World: Thanks for your kind words. I ordered the AK2i because my friend wanted it, not for my own sake, just wanted to confirm. Also, I thought that the pictures shrunk when it was too big ? Sorry Didn't know. I'll fix it the next time i post pictures.

To DemonDSi: I also thank you for telling me a straight forward answer, really puts the pressure off that if its a Acekard 2 or Acekard2i.

BTW, i will be testing it out today later on, I will post if its AK2i or not.

6. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    It shrinks the image dimensions, not the actual file size (which is nearly 9MB)

7. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The two i received from DX have the same box with sticker on.
    The card looks like yours but has an acekard2i sticker on and the chip bumps out a bit.
    Booth ae spring loaded.

8. Agent007
    OP

Canada
    I can now confirm that is IS an Acekard 2i ... the problem is ... I thought they would use an Acekard 2i sticker ... whats the deal with putting an old sticker anyways?

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i know for a fact that they have crates of FAT error ak2s. it would not suprise me if they had a 2.1 sticker for each one, but decided not to fix them when the black pcb came out. they are probably just using up old stickers or decided not to redesign the sticker. both things save money. think about how much easier it is to add, • works on the dsi, to the back of the box. they didn't have to redesign the box at all, just call up the printing company and ask for 1 line to be added.

-another world

10. Agent007
    OP

Canada
    Another world, Do you think if i MSGed the Acekard Team, could i ask them to send over the DSi version of the Acekard sticker for the flashcard in a envelope or something ? My friend really wants the sticker apparently ... (weird) ... anyways, would they send it ?