Hacking Can someone list all the features the scene has now since Vitamin?

Subscriber0101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I last got into the scene over a month ago when I got and installed and tested a .vpk.

I've been out of the loop, but I've heard mentions of various things.

What big features have we gotten since Vitamin? I know we have install games over FTP, but what else?

Do we have save backing up (and restoring)?

Do we have cheats?

What major features do we have? Thanks.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
we do and we do. Overclocking is a nice thing and a hacked ePSP with additional features like true 2nd analog stick support should be on its way.
MaiDumpTool came out and is generally superior to Vitamin.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been meaning to ask, what is overclocking? What does it do?

The speed of a processor is determined by (among other things) its clock speed.
The Vita's CPU is usually clocked at 333MHz, which means simply that it performs 333 million commands a second.
With either Better Amphetamin or Rincheat, you can raise that to 444Mhz. You can overclock the GPU from 166MHz to 222MHz.
Games which would have looked jerky because of low framerates will now be much smoother, at the cost of a little battery life.

Here's an example.

Last edited by metroid maniac,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we do and we do. Overclocking is a nice thing and a hacked ePSP with additional features like true 2nd analog stick support should be on its way.
MaiDumpTool came out and is generally superior to Vitamin.

Just wanted to point out that this isn't necessarily true. The GTA video that was uploaded with better camera controls required in-depth, game specific hacks. There is no work being put into that on a large scale, and it is not a feature of any upcoming ePSP hacks.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is amphetamin btw

amphetamin is the plugin that lets you overclock cpu up to 444mhz and gpu to 222mhz for great performance in games right now thanks to that and the latest maidump im playing borderlands 2 fully updated with all the dlc at good fps and its even better this way than original cart

Subscriber0101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amphetamin is the plugin that lets you overclock cpu up to 444mhz and gpu to 222mhz for great performance in games right now thanks to that and the latest maidump im playing borderlands 2 fully updated with all the dlc at good fps and its even better this way than original cart

Are there, aside decreased battery life (which wouldn't matter to PSTV users like me), any consequences to using Amphetamin?

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there, aside decreased battery life (which wouldn't matter to PSTV users like me), any consequences to using Amphetamin?

as of now i havent heard of any downsides but who knows if youve ever overclocked anything else you do know that theres a slight chance to fuck it up but usually thats caused by heat and tbh mine hasnt feeled hot at all yet so i think were all good but again who knows

Last edited by Eyesenish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-