Can someone help me out with this Sky3ds error?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lolcatzuru, Feb 27, 2015.

1. lolcatzuru
    OP

lolcatzuru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    without boring everyone with a really long story, i recently bought a 64gig micro SD (turbo) for the sky3ds and when i insert the card into the computer and start the image writer it tells me i need to format, so i format with the writer tool and upon doing so, it changes it to the file type it uses, but as soon as i try to write a game, it instantly and violently tells me there isnt enough space on the disk. I have no idea why this is happening and anything anyone can suggest would be great! I wouldnt even use the damn thing but its the only way i can play fire emblem, because fire emblem constantly locks up on my other card randomly, apparently its one of the few games that does.

2. dandymanz

dandymanz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Senegal
    How are you connecting your Microsd card to your computer? Is it via a SD card converter plugged into a SD card reader? I had this problem before with that setup and i switched to a microsd usb card reader. That fixed the not enough space error message for me.

3. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Turbo? What brand is that mSD card? Better check if it's not fake flash memory with H2testw tool. This tool will tell you what speed the card is too.

4. lolcatzuru
    OP

lolcatzuru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    1. it's a 64 gig sandisk ultra, i couldnt remember ultra so i called it turbo

2. I was using an actual SD port with an SD to micro adapter, i have a really crappy usb that came with the card, but i have had little luck with it.