Hacking Can someone explain Dumping modules please?

Xcyper33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear this brought up often in Vitamin chats. But I haven't heard anyone explain what they are or how to apply them.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So long story short (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in the game root directory is a folder labeled sce_sys. In this folder is a folder labeled modules, and in this folder are various files that make the game run.

Certain games when dumped either are missing required module files or they become corrupt resulting in a certain error when launching. Some people have discovered that they can replace the modules from one game into a non working dump to make it run. The success rate for this fix seems to be between 40 and 50 percent.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So long story short (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in the game root directory is a folder labeled sce_sys. In this folder is a folder labeled modules, and in this folder are various files that make the game run.

Certain games when dumped either are missing required module files or they become corrupt resulting in a certain error when launching. Some people have discovered that they can replace the modules from one game into a non working dump to make it run. The success rate for this fix seems to be between 40 and 50 percent.

This. I think vitamin has some redundancy errors when ripping games possibly to certain sized memory cards. I think once those are ironed out, these problems will disappear. Just make sure you install verified rips!

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

Xcyper33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Someone posted a rar file with sc modules, do I upload that via filezilla and place it in a particular place in the shell?

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't put the rar anywhere. You need to extract it and place the extracted files into the modules folder. I wouldn't bother though since flow is releasing a new version soon that fixes these problems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple