Can someone explain Dumping modules please?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Xcyper33, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Xcyper33
    OP

Xcyper33 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    I hear this brought up often in Vitamin chats. But I haven't heard anyone explain what they are or how to apply them.

2. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    So long story short (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in the game root directory is a folder labeled sce_sys. In this folder is a folder labeled modules, and in this folder are various files that make the game run.

Certain games when dumped either are missing required module files or they become corrupt resulting in a certain error when launching. Some people have discovered that they can replace the modules from one game into a non working dump to make it run. The success rate for this fix seems to be between 40 and 50 percent.

3. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada

This. I think vitamin has some redundancy errors when ripping games possibly to certain sized memory cards. I think once those are ironed out, these problems will disappear. Just make sure you install verified rips!

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  4. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    That is a possibility but I'm not sure. I'm sure flow will have it fixed

5. Xcyper33
    OP

Xcyper33 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Thanks guys. Someone posted a rar file with sc modules, do I upload that via filezilla and place it in a particular place in the shell?

6. Xcyper33
    OP

Xcyper33 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Anyknow where I put the sce_module.rar file in the shell?

7. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Don't put the rar anywhere. You need to extract it and place the extracted files into the modules folder. I wouldn't bother though since flow is releasing a new version soon that fixes these problems