Hardware Can someone enlighten me on how to do this?

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Check this out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2q0P2SojA

anyway, I have a broken GBA, and a much loved GBA which I would prefer to have backlit.

I'm a super noob when it comes to any kind of console modding but I'm familiar with disassembly and I have everything ready. Anyway how would I go about doing this, I'm sure I am going to have to wire something up to get this working properly but essentially, I just wanna backlit it up.

So does anyone know of anyway to approach this?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's actually front-lit, like the original GBA SP.

That guy probably got an afterburner kit, or something like it. I'm not sure if people sell those anymore.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No they really don't, really hard to find, but yeah front light still works as long as I can get in there somehow, anyone ever heard of doing this?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6813 has some full-on directions on how to do this. The key is that you need one of the older, frontlit GBA SP units, not the newer backlit versions. The backlit one only comes in 3 colors (minus a promotional color or two) - pearl pink, pearl blue, and graphite. Pretty much almost every other SP you find will be the older frontlit kind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1