ROM Hack Can someone decrypt this save file?

DJNightchild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure if this is suitable for this section, but couldn't find a better one.

I've posted before, how I can't recover my save data from my Bravely Default eshop game. (See this post)
I can't even decrypt it with SVDT, since my game doesn't recognise this save file.
I don't have a gateway card (Only a sky3ds+), so can someone please help me with decrypting?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Here is my save file.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is suitable for this section, but couldn't find a better one.

I've posted before, how I can't recover my save data from my Bravely Default eshop game. (See this post)
I can't even decrypt it with SVDT, since my game doesn't recognise this save file.
I don't have a gateway card (Only a sky3ds+), so can someone please help me with decrypting?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Here is my save file.
I assume you're not on EmuNAND and CFW then? You could probably get it working with SaveDataFiler if you were.

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi DJ

i'm a bit confused.
You said, you have the eshop version of BD.
From where do you have the .sav file?

Afaik a save is only working, if you have the right header of the game with which the save was created.
But when i will come home later. i can give it a try.
Got a gateway and the pal game which i dumped from my original cartridge (private header).
Maybe it works.

Will give you feedback this afternoon/evening.

DJNightchild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi DJ

i'm a bit confused.
You said, you have the eshop version of BD.
From where do you have the .sav file?

Afaik a save is only working, if you have the right header of the game with which the save was created.
But when i will come home later. i can give it a try.
Got a gateway and the pal game which i dumped from my original cartridge (private header).
Maybe it works.

Will give you feedback this afternoon/evening.

Thanks for your help.

I'll try the clearify my problem. That save file is from my previous 3ds. I had to send it for reperation but thet send me a new 3ds, without sending over the data.

So while I got them to unlink my Nintendo ID, I cannot restore my backup from Bravely Default.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help.

I'll try the clearify my problem. That save file is from my previous 3ds. I had to send it for reperation but thet send me a new 3ds, without sending over the data.

So while I got them to unlink my Nintendo ID, I cannot restore my backup from Bravely Default.
is this from in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder? if so, then nobody will be able to use it. sorry

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
all eshop games saves are individually enrcypted for every single 3ds, there is nearly nothing you can still do

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This section B, which I can't do because I do not have a gateway
".sav" files for game cards are not the same as ".sav" for digital content. anything in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is encrypted with a per-console key. Nintendo sometimes can transfer this (they did for me when I had to get my console repaired).

if you had linked your NNID before you accessed the eShop, then digital content/saves might still be usable, even if you got a new friend code and the like. this is what happened to me.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if not using savedatafiler(which decrypts games) only a complete system transfer makes your save compatible (it will be recrypted for the target system) without access to the source 3ds, where the eshop sav!(gateway sav and eshop sav aren't equivalent) came from, there is nothing you can do. period.

DJNightchild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
".sav" files for game cards are not the same as ".sav" for digital content. anything in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is encrypted with a per-console key. Nintendo sometimes can transfer this (they did for me when I had to get my console repaired).

if you had linked your NNID before you accessed the eShop, then digital content/saves might still be usable, even if you got a new friend code and the like. this is what happened to me.

O well. I'll await Shadowfied's findings, and if no luck, I guess I have to restart, or search around the web for an extracted GAME#.sav which I can import with svdt.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
he will fail, sav will be shown as broken on his 3ds, because every 3ds has their own unique encrytion keys, wrong keys will decrypt your foreign save to garbage.

You can try to find a decrypted sdf sav, which you can modify and adapt to your save progress. don't know if Bravely default save editor exist.

DJNightchild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
he will fail, sav will be shown as broken on his 3ds, because every 3ds has their own unique encrytion keys, wrong keys will decrypt your foreign save to garbage.

You can try to find a decrypted sdf sav, which you can modify and adapt to your save progress. don't know if Bravely default save editor exist.
It does exist, is broken though, when editting Ringabel

DJNightchild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll try but expect it to fail, and even if it in some magic way does work, you're still gonna have to get CFW in order to restore it.

Well, I found a GAME#.sav which has lvl 65 characters in Chapter 5. So if it fails, I can at least skip a big part. :)
And the village editor on this forum still works ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...