Hacking Can R4 Cards Brick 2/3DS?

CamzyWE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if using a R4 flashcard (GOLD PRO 2018) could possibly brick the console. I know that these cards these can be used to install CFW and I am worried that if I download some sort of virus from a website and put it on my 3DS it may brick it. I mainly use my R4 for running ROM hacks and homebrew apps directly on the card.

CamzyWE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your answer. I've heard that there's files that can brick the DS like the DSbrick.A malware that can brick the original ds, but im not sure about 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A computer virus meant for Windows cannot infect a 3DS if that's what you're asking. So, no.
Thank you for your answer. My mistake, I mean .nds file. I've heard that there's files that can brick the DS like the DSbrick.A malware that can brick the original ds, but im not sure about 3DS.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread made me laugh for real you're not gonna get your 3ds bricked from .NDS file it's simply not possible.

Nds files run in a sandboxed environment so even if one somehow caused a brick then only nds mode would be affected (3ds mode would not be affected) and in that event you could install cfw and use it to fix nds mode

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for your answer. I've heard that there's files that can brick the DS like the DSbrick.A malware that can brick the original ds, but im not sure about 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for your answer. My mistake, I mean .nds file. I've heard that there's files that can brick the DS like the DSbrick.A malware that can brick the original ds, but im not sure about 3DS.
Not from DS mode. I'm not even sure 3DS brickers exist other than Gateway 3DS if you try to modify their launcher.dat or use a Gateway clone with it. There certainly haven't been any that have been widespread to any degree. I've downloaded 3DS games from sketchy sources when I couldn't find specific games from trusted sources, and nothing bad ever happened, and I've never heard of other people coming across malware disguised as games or homebrew either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse