kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently burned 2 isos onto DVD+R and it says "can not read disc, read manuel"
Have any of you guys experienced this? Is it because my mod chip might not have been pushed in hard enough? Or is it because I am using a DVD+R?
Thanks for any help!
Kevin

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try reburn one of them but change the "Book Type" in options to "DVD-ROM" It doesn't matter if you have DVD+R but the "Book Type" does...
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly, "write image file to disc", but it seems that you have the other problem you say, the chip thing not being well installed, I'm not sure wich burner do you have but mine says "DVD-ROM" not "-R" but i guess that is not important

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YaY!!!It works now!!! I don't know if this detail is important but on my first Burned CD, I used a 16x write speed DVD+R. When I used my 8x DVD-R it worked!! So...either the burn speed 16x caused the problem or the DVD+R...Do you guys happen to know which one may have actually caused the problem?
Thanks,
Kevin
Thanks a lot for helping ether!!

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was most likely the DVD+R, I believe if your going to use DVD+R you must make sure when you burn it that book type is set to DVD-ROM, but I'm not certain because I don't have a chipped Wii. Also disc-burn speed can be a factor and if burning at 16x causes problems limit it to something lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy