Can I update after flashing?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gi5431, Jul 22, 2016.

1. gi5431
    OP

gi5431 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    Hi guys,
    How do I update after I have flashed my wii-u? Is there a EmuNand like on the 3ds?
    Thanks

2. Kappcy

Kappcy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
  3. gi5431
    OP

gi5431 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    ok, Where should I be looking? I can't see anything about an emuNand?

4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I don't think there is anything for the Wii U like emuNAND for 3DS.

5. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    You wanna flash your wii u. Or did you already.
    You know if you has an xbox one and flashed your xbox one while your kinect camera was on. You could get your console banned if someone that saw you on their screen reported you.

But the process for emunand is simple. First thing to do on your nand chip is to use tweezers and hit pin 2 to pin 17. Press and release in a morse code that spells emunand. Then your wii u will download the hacked nand from the net.
    Thats all you have to do, but for some odd reason everyone keep linking people to websploits because they dont want to share.
    Also, dont forget to do the brief survey after the hacked nand is downloading.

Coc4tm and CreeperMario like this.
  6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You were linked the definitive guide because your thread title suggests you didn't read it first. There is no such thing as "flashing" your wii u. There is no permanent hack yet and there is no custom firmware or EmuNAND. The kexploit has to be run from your browser everytime you boot your wii u. It's a temp hack that doesn't write anything permanent. Reboot and your wii u is a normal Wii u.

7. gi5431
    OP

gi5431 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    thanks man, That's what I kinda gathered. Can u run games off a USB HDD or is it only the SD?

8. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Only SD, for now.