Hacking Can i replace a scratched bottom outer screen?

xdustyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I bought my daughter a nintendo ds lite for Christmas, she is really upset as she had been playing on her ds when she accidentally used some metal tweezers that she had been holding instead of her stylus, and has put an inch long deep scratch on the outer screen at the bottom. Is there anything that can be done about this? The ds itself seems to be working fine, but the scratch feels deep to touch and is very visible (white) I heard that you can replace the touch screen, but is that what it is she has scratched? as it's on the surface and not inside.
Thankyou very very much for any help
smile.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes, it's the touch screen that was damaged. There's a pretty good guide for replacing one here.

http://www.pwn3d.us/archives/440/

(The guide is actually for replacing the bottom LCD screen and not the touchscreen, so obviously throw away the touchscreen and not the LCD screen.
tongue.gif
)

Having said that, try buying a bottom screen protector and stick it to the touchscreen. I don't know how deep your scratch actually is but sometimes a protector can help cover up scratches and make them invisible. Might not work but it's worth a try since a protector is much cheaper than a replacement screen and obviously it doesn't involve you taking apart the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb