Gaming Can I remove ixtreme by exchanging the DVD device?

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
my xbox360 is flashed with ixtreme.

Can I remove ixtreme by exchanging the DVD device for a new one? Or is the firmware not saved on the dvd device but somewhere in the console itself?

I was thinking of buying a new dvd device to play online with original Games without the chance of getting banned. Will this work by exchanging the DVD device for a new one?

Thank you.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have the key you could reflash the drive with stock firmware, If you have ixtreme 1.6 I believe you can retrieve the key using jungle flasher if you don't already have it. But if you want one drive for back-ups and one for online play then aslong as you get the same type of drive ie. Lite-on, Benq, Samsung or Hitachi then you can flash your key to it to run originals and online play.

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
If you have the key you could reflash the drive with stock firmware, If you have ixtreme 1.6 I believe you can retrieve the key using jungle flasher if you don't already have it. But if you want one drive for back-ups and one for online play then aslong as you get the same type of drive ie. Lite-on, Benq, Samsung or Hitachi then you can flash your key to it to run originals.

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. My xbox was modded by a shop. I do not have the hardware nor the skills to do such things.

But it would be easy for me to buy a new dvd drive and install it into my xbox360. Will this work? Is the firmware stored on the dvd drive, so that when I buy a new dvd drive and install it ixtreme is removed and I am safe to go online?

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the drive to work in your 360 you'd need the drive key and a way to flash the drive with the key, a straight drive swap would be useless as the games wouldn't be read and I assume would flag for a ban aswell.

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RandomOddness said:
For the drive to work in your 360 you'd need the drive key and a way to flash the drive with the key, a straight drive swap would be useless as the games wouldn't be read and I assume would flag for a ban aswell.

Ah, ok. Thank you for explaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Is funny, every week he cries and says that it, I'm leaving this site.