Can I play DS games?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mavsynchroid, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Heya guys. So an extremely kind person went out of their way to help me set up my New 3ds with homebrew and I can now play .CIA files without a problem.

My question is, can I play DS games as well? I want to play Megaman ZX, but since it's not a 3DS game but a DS game, I didn't know if there was an issue or not.

2. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Ignore me, im wrong!

3. pokecrafter1551

pokecrafter1551 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    As of posting, to play ds games you will need either the original cart of the game or a 3ds compatible flash cart to play any ds games.

CeeDee and TheKawaiiDesu like this.
  4. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Hrmm ok.. So It seems like I'm out of luck.. I'm actually a bit surprised to be honest, only because what can be done with .CIAs are pretty amazing.

Really wanted to play Mega Man ZX, too. Sigh... I guess I'll never get to play any mega man x games at all on my 3ds.

Well, thank you anyway for all the help!

5. pokecrafter1551

pokecrafter1551 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    No problem. Happy to help

6. Noelemahc

Noelemahc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Look it up on eBay or Amazon. They're pretty cheap if you get them used, it's how I got me both ZX games.

7. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Try getting the TWL Slot-1 Launcher cia and you should be able to run a original R4 Revolution card on it. These are like (from what I've seen) $6-$10 which is a very good deal. Although you can go a little more expensive and get a R4i 3DS card instead which doesn't require the launcher.

8. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    nds-card is a gbatemp trusted reseller for flashcards (or at least their site says so o-o). I personally bought both a r4i save dongle and a r4i gold 3ds from them and friends of mine have always had good experience there as well.

Direct link to the correct flashcard: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
    And this is how it looks IRL:

[​IMG]

Worth noting is that this flashcard does NOT require any of Apache thunder's TWL slot launchers when running this on mint 3DS system. I'm not too sure about emunand set ups - but I have a patched TWL firm installed on my new3ds's emunand (aureinand 10.6.0-31 with arm9loaderhax) and it works without any extra launchers or anything.

As for firmware for this cart - Wood r4 ofc ;)!

VictorMoreno015 likes this.