Hardware can i make us 2ds XL region free ?

Bats4bats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I looing to buy a 2ds XL Hyrule Shield edition but its US only. Can i make it either region free or UK region ?
TIA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to install custom firmware on the n2DSXL in order to region change it.
Be forewarned that the moment you create a NNID on that n2DSXL in whatever region it is in, that n2DSXL will be locked in that region's Nintendo eShop.

If you make a NNID while the n2DSXL is in USA region, your system (more or less) will never be able to access EUR region Nintendo eShop.

Edit - Forgot to add. If you access USA region Nintendo eShop for the first time, it'll be permanently assigned to that.

After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

If you want your n2DSXL to be region changed with access to EUR eShop, you'll need to do the NTRboot flashcart method of hacking.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2