Hacking Can I install a CFW on a CFW?

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP slim running 5.50 GEN-B (Full) but it can't play certain newer games. I want to switch to Pro CFW, but there's conflicting information out there on whether or not I'll brick my PSP if I try to remove Gen B or if I try to update to OFW.

What I can't find out is whether it's dangerous to install the Pro CFW onto a Gen B PSP. Can anyone please tell me if it's safe to do so?

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With 5.50 GEN-B you need to edit the vsh version, after that update to 6.61 OFW, after that you can install 6.61 PRO or 6.61 ME (either are the same thing, but i prefer the ME)

PS:Because the 5.50 GEN it's a mess bugged coded thing, your saves may be appears corrupted after you have update your PSP. But if it's the case you can recover the corrupted saves with a Plugin.

Last edited by m4rc0,

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg I was hoping to come back to this thread tomorrow and seeing at least 1 reply. I can't believe there were this many replies in just 20 minutes. Thank you to everyone for replying!

I feel reassured now. I'm going to update to the latest OFW. What about when m4rco said I need to edit the vsh version? How do I do that?

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Umm there is 6.61 firmware, that the most recent one. :P
Stupid of me, totally forgot... oh well, same thing OFW 6.61, than slap cfw on that beyatch. Ylu can go with either soft mod(if you turn it off, you need re launch it) or go with perma. Pro version is good enough IMO

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Omg I was hoping to come back to this thread tomorrow and seeing at least 1 reply. I can't believe there were this many replies in just 20 minutes. Thank you to everyone for replying!

I feel reassured now. I'm going to update to the latest OFW. What about when m4rco said I need to edit the vsh version? How do I do that?
No meed for that. Just dl 6.61 OFW, put it on your memcard, and update from it

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Find formware 6.61 (Should be on wololo.net or sony official psp page) MAKE SURE THE FIRMWARE IS FOR THE SYSTEM YOU HAVE psp go and psp 1000/2000/3000 have different files.
  2. Install it.
  3. Find the 6.31 Firmware, infinity CFW and Pro cfw files or me cfw.
  4. Use it to permanently install cfw on psp
  5. Find your homebrew emulators/games or psp pirated iso/ps1 games and play it, be happy. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: cvskid

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
  1. Find formware 6.61 (Should be on wololo.net or sony official psp page)
  2. Install it.
  3. Find the infinity CFW and Pro cfw files
  4. Use it to permanently install cfw on psp
  5. Find your homebrew emulators/games or psp pirated iso/ps1 games and play it, be happy. :P
Trying to be fancy? Eh? Outsmart me? Ibhate you :-)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to be fancy? Eh? Outsmart me? Ibhate you :-)
Or you could have given this information from the first post. Is not my fault you didn't. Who side are you on anyway? :creep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, thanks!

May I ask you guys why you prefer ME over Pro or vice versa?
I personally use pro, is just that good. But both are cfw so depends, i think some plugins are only compatible with the specific cfw, so i guess is a matter of compatibility and preference.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Umm there is 6.61 firmware, that the most recent one. :P
6.61 sucks, I actually tried it several times and each time it failed to work with most of my plugins that were converted for it.
Much like the 3DS, there's literally no reason to update to 6.61

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
6.61 sucks, I actually tried it several times and each time it failed to work with most of my plugins that were converted for it.
There's a plugin to make 6.60 plugins run on 6.61, works pretty well from my experience. I have a PSP 3000 running 6.61 Infinity + Pro-C.

Reactions: Byokugen

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you are correct, the only reason why it exist was cause of that brandish game that was published back in 2015 I think. So You aren't wrong. :P

The only reason why i suggested 6.61 cause infinity which is a pro cfw or me cfw permeate patch only works on 6.61, so it would mean easier use for him.

http://wololo.net/2016/02/14/releas...nfinity-6-61-permanent-patch-for-me-pro-cfws/

Reactions: Byokugen

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mine is still on 6.60
Will try 6.61 on another, shitty psp is a minute.
@Crystal the Glaceon which plugins?
I want to test them
Give me a bit to get their real names for you. Last time I tested it was like 2 months ago.
There's a plugin to make 6.60 plugins run on 6.61, works pretty well from my experience. I have a PSP 3000 running 6.61 Infinity + Pro-C.
Tried that and failed, but this is getting off topic, so I will actually bring the plugin conversation to a PM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.