default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ill go straight to the point.
OK so im going to get a psp slim from a guy but he hanst used it in two months so the cfw is gone.
The thing is can i hack it by myself? Ive been reading the tutorial and apparently i can but i want to be sure.
The PSP was hacked but the guy kept it in his drawer for about two months so the CFW is gone
frown.gif

It would really apreciate if you can answer me this as i am getting it tomorrow.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If that's the case then the guy is either clueless, it's a reshelled PSP or he flashed OFW....

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
well in here there are people who offer the service for a certain amount of money and people who dont know about the scene, end up going to them.
But back on topic, can i hack it by myself?

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That PSP is fully hackable. If it was indeed on CFW then it still is irrespective of whether the battery drained or he fed it to his dog and then incinerated it. (the dog not the PSP).

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im getting it on Friday morning.
rolleyes.gif

So i should be able to install CFW on it all by myself following the tutorial right? Right?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It should already have CFW on it. If it by some weird reason doesn't if it's at 5.03 or below then YES, and if it's above 5.03 (probably unlikely) then you'll just need a Pandora Battery too.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well the guy called me to tell me that the CFW is gone since he didnt use it for two months. But still i made my mind and im going to get it on friday.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
default2k said:
Well the guy called me to tell me that the CFW is gone since he didnt use it for two months. But still i made my mind and im going to get it on friday.

See Post #4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming it is a fully hackable one he could have left it on a HEN (intending to keep it charged/on standby) but as others have said if it is fully hackable then you have no problems (most people got to a HEN and only paused to check they really did have a hackable motherboard with PSPident before flashing a CFW).

If it is a fully hackable one left at a HEN type firmware then it is a matter of redoing the exploit on what I am assuming is OFW 5.03 (can be a pain to get running- just a matter of restarting until it works) and flashing a CFW once you got it there and you can do that from the little 32 meg bundled card.
If it is not 5.03 then it is pandora battery time.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude its impossible for the cfw to suddenly dissapear unless its a TA-88v3 Or a TA-90v2 So he's either scamming you into buying a Newer Slim which was Recased Or its Just A 3000

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not impossible, as he could be clueless and using a HEN enabled CFW. It's improbable though given the age of the PSP.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The guy is definitely not scamming me as i said earlier he paid to have it hacked, since there are people here who offer that service, and he had no idea how to do it. Hes also giving me some original games with it. See the picture. Once i get it ill report back for sure.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well i dont have a Pandora and they dont sell them here so i hope it has 5.03
unsure.gif

If not ill have to pay for the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: