Hacking Can I downgrade my N3DS from 10.5?

TheOnlyJonto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a used N3DS from Amazon thinking it would come with a low firmware. Unfortunately it's running 10.5. Is it possible to downgrade from this version to 9.2?

Thanks for any help!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there's another one. No offense you're about like the 50th person to make a thread about this. If a simple Google has been unhelpful, add 'gbatemp' to the search and click 'More results from GBAtemp'.

TheOnlyJonto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there's another one. No offense you're about like the 50th person to make a thread about this. If a simple Google has been unhelpful, add 'gbatemp' to the search and click 'More results from GBAtemp'.
I like to make sure I'm getting an answer to my specific situation so I know for absolute sure.

I guess I'm screwed. Not interested in doing any hardmodding. I guess I'll be selling it.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to make sure I'm getting an answer to my specific situation so I know for absolute sure.

I guess I'm screwed. Not interested in doing any hardmodding. I guess I'll be selling it.
Pay someone to do the downgrade for you than. The hardmod dont have to stay. Your chances of finding a n3ds on fw 9.2 or lower brand new is slim to none.

TheOnlyJonto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pay someone to do the downgrade for you than. The hardmod dont have to stay. Your chances of finding a n3ds on fw 9.2 or lower brand new is slim to none.
I have no problem downgrading from 10.2 or older. I've done it twice. I also bought a brand new N3DS from Best Buy a few weeks ago and it was 9.6 so I think most units on the shelf will be fairly low firmware. This one was probably only 10.5 because it was used sold by Amazon which means it was probably recently returned by someone that updated it themselves.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem downgrading from 10.2 or older. I've done it twice. I also bought a brand new N3DS from Best Buy a few weeks ago and it was 9.6 so I think most units on the shelf will be fairly low firmware. This one was probably only 10.5 because it was used sold by Amazon which means it was probably recently returned by someone that updated it themselves.
I was implying 9.2 or lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT