Can I delete the license request.dat?7

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Caleb Metzger, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Caleb Metzger
    OP

Caleb Metzger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    I have sxos and have the actual license on the root of my sd card. Everything works great but as a bit of a eccentrist I was wondering if it would be safe to delete the license request file since I already own a license? Thank you guys in advance! :)

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    I backed up all the SXOS related files to a folder on my PC and deleted the license-request.dat file from my SD card (still have the backup). Everything still runs smoothly.

3. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    I have a question... What if I decided to completely initialize and format my switch would the license still be activated?

4. Caleb Metzger
    OP

Caleb Metzger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Wow thanks for letting me know that! Have a great day!

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The license is tied to the activated license on your SD card; when the license is activated, it doesn't install anything to your console but the license does grab information from your console to make it console-specific.

6. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    I think that the license.request.dat is useless once you´ve got the licence.dat.., this one you should back it up on a safe place in case something goes wrong with your sd card...

7. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    simple as that,you dont need the license request.dat as soon as you have the license.dat. you answered his question and also do not forget if you erase the license.dat and you dont have a backup of it you tx wont work without it.

8. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    Exactly, I forgot the case where there´s nothing wrong with the sd card, but you just mess with the files on the sd...:blink::D

Edit : you can also note the finger print shown in the license info of the Sx menu and save it as a .txt file in case you loose the license.dat backup...:wacko:..I Know, It’s kind of panaroid, but who Knows with hack and computers :D...

Last edited by Maupiti, Sep 17, 2018