Can I CFW this PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jun 7, 2009.

Jun 7, 2009

Can I CFW this PSP? by Skyline969 at 9:26 PM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I was thinking of trading my black PSP3000 for my friend's red God of War PSP2000. My friend doesn't know a thing about CFW, so this would be an advantage for me. I'm gonna install CFW via ChickHEN (if he hasn't updating his OFW beyond 5.03) but I have one question. Do the red God of War PSP2000s have one of those unhackable motherboards? How can I tell if it does? If he has updated his OFW beyond 5.03, I'm gonna try my other friend's black PSP, but I still wanna check if it has an unhackable motherboard or not. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. [​IMG]

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Yes you can hack the Red God Of War PSP. And why trade when you can just hack the PSP 3000 now....

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    It's a limited addition [​IMG] why wouldn't you.

But yeah, just for the heads up, you can no officially have CFW on a PSP3000

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No you can't...and Skyline didn't you ask this yesterday (and didn't i give you the same answer then?) A GoW PSP will probably have a TA-088v1 or 2 and so will be fine for CFW.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You can TEMPORARILY have CFW on 3000. But every time you turn on, you have to load ChickHEN, THEN load CFW - lot of hassle.
    You can check the mobo version with a little homebrew called PSPident 0.4. Just load ChickHEN and run PSPident. If you have ta88v3, DON'T FLASH. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

6. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Yeah I know you can only have CFW on a 3000 as long as you shut it off to standby. Completely shut it off or lose battery power and you have to reload it. I don't think I asked this yesterday, xist, but I could be wrong. My memory's a little fuzzy right now. [​IMG] Here's to hoping that my friend didn't update his PSP's firmware beyond 5.03 though! And Maz is right, I want the red PSP because a) it's limited edition and b) it will be a permanent installation, not just a temporary thing like it would be on the 3000.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Vindicated! (yes i did reply in the affirmative then too)

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Hah, there's my problem. At 12:07 AM I don't even remember what I was doing. I was so tired, and even then I stayed up until like 5 AM. [​IMG]